Chapter 13

Omg I haven't updated in forever.

Whoops.
I'm sorry I'm no longer good at author's notes I have nothing interesting to say bye I'm just writing as I go along omg I hope it doesn't suck.

____________________________________________________________________________________

*Cassie's P.O.V*

I sit at home watching television and eating ice cream. I'm bored out of my mind. I decide I need to do something today, so I send out a group message to the Devin, Erin, and the boys.

Heeeey guys, can we all do something today? How about we go sledding or something? That's fun right?

I quickly hit send and shut off my phone. I turn off the TV and climb out of bed. I drag myself down the stairs to the kitchen to get something to eat. I pull out some kind of crunchy cereal while a few granola bars tumble down and hit the floor with a small smack. I open the fridge lazily and pour the milk into a bowl along with the cereal.

When I finish I trudge back up to my room. I walk over to my dresser and pick out an outfit for today, a pair of black skinny jeans, a gray long-sleeved, loose-hanging shirt with white stitching, and a white knit scarf. I walk slowly over to my nightstand as I comb out my wavy, light brown hair. I replace my brush with my phone on the nightstand and find I have three texts back so far: one from Erin, one from Devin, and one from Zayn.

Just as I am sliding my phone into my pocket I receive another one, from Louis: I'll be there before you can say 'sledding!'

And just like that, the doorbell blares in my ears. I smile a little and rush downstairs, careful not to wake my parents. 

When I arrive at the door I can't help but smile. Louis stands there with his heavy coat unzipped, exposing his Vans-Off The Wall t-shirt and a bit of his collarbone, accompanied by tight jeans and sneakers. Snowflakes scatter his hair, and I notice he also has a small plastic back filled with snow gear. His lips are slightly parted, almost a smile, but not quite. He raises his arm and opens his palm.

"Hey," he says, his lips moving to form the words, but I can't hear him, I'm too distracted by the way his hair is perfectly parted and slightly mussed, as if he didn't put effort into his hair this morning, although I can tell by the shine of gel when the light hits certain spots of him. I notice the way his collarbone peeks out of his shirt, which he shyly covers with his jacket when he notices me looking. I notice every little quirk, every accidental tear in his jeans, all the way up to his light eyes meeting mine, bright like a perfect blue sky, but deep like the ocean in the small light of the moon and the stars.

I barely notice, just a sliver of a thought crossing my mind: Louis is perfect. I only allow it to stay there for a split second, and just like that, it's gone.

"Um, hey?" he says again, drawing me out of my trance.

"Hi. Sorry. Hi," I reply quickly, not sure what to say.

He grins a little. "You said that twice."

I smile and he smiles back. I like when he smiles. I can see his jawline popping out, and how the light bounces off of his skin. I smile a little more.