Chapter Eight

》♡《
Chapter Eight
》♡《

I held his hand once they let me into his hospital room, his mother sat on the other side of him with shaking limbs. "He said something about his dad..." I start up, my eyes meeting hers.

"What?" Mrs. Lott murmured, his red brimmed eyes gazing at me.

"Mr. Lott?" I whisper, my heart clenching at the possibilities.

"Oh." She sighed, "They found a tumor the size of a baseball in my husband's brain, it's too large to be removed and the possibility of its size decreasing is low. Hank was so torn about his dad being put in a drug induced coma. I guess he couldn't handle it. He's lucky that he has you... honestly, my baby would be fine if you hadn't of..."

"It's alright, Mrs. Lott." I say before she bursts into tears. "I understand how you feel."

"Do you love him?" She asks, her gaze meeting her son's relaxed expression. My heart clenched as I looked at her, slowly assessing my feelings I sigh.

"I always have." I mumble, "Ever since we were kids."

It felt good to admit it, even if I don't love him as much as I used to. I lowered my head and gave his hand kiss. "You love me?"

I jumped, cringing I look at Hank. A smile had formed on his pale lips, his eyes filled with painful humor. I did know what to say, so I laughed with a small nod. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I gazed down at him.

"I'll leave you two." Mrs. Lott whispers, "I'll be back with coffee from the cafe down the street. What do you guys want?"

"A vanilla chai," Hank says, "For her. And I just want ckmething cold, mom."

I smiled smoked a she left, a small amount of joy sparks in my chest. "How did you remember?"

"You always got it back in freshman year." Hank whispers, "I figured you still like it."

"I do." I giggle, Hank chuckled, his eyes darkening.

"I thought you wouldn't answer my call." Hank whispered, "I hoped you wouldn't."

"Don't be so dumb." I growl, "I need you here." He needs you here, too. I think to myself. My heart clenched uncontrollably as I tried not to think about the blood, as I tried not to think about how hurt he was. "Don't ever do that again."

"You need me, remember? I won't leave you." Hank snickered, "Especially now that you've admitted the you love me."

"You little shit." I chuckle, grasping his hand. Mrs. Lott came back in with a small smile, she handed me my drink and handed Hank a blended coffee. We sat in silence, Hank pressed a button and the hospital bed moved him up into a sitting position. He took a sip of his drink and groaned.

"What did you guys talk about?" Mrs. Lott asked, her eyes meeting her son's.

"About how much she loves me." Hank joked, his eyes glimmering with humor.

"Whatever." I snort, my throat feeling warm as the vanilla chai rolled down it. Hank laughs, his voice raspy.

"Oh my god." I looked up, Connie entering the room and gazing at her bedridden brother. "You stupid asshole." She growled.