Chapter Fifteen

}•{
Chapter Fifteen
}•{

Dr. Kerri walked in, her smile large as she prepped my stomach. "You almost missed me." She said, placing her tool on my belly, smearing the gel with it.

"We had things to do, lost track of time." I reply, looking at Hank with a warm smile. He returned the gesture eagerly leaning forward to see the screen. Dr. Kerri saw this and adjust the screen, turning it towards us. It was different this time, not much larger but there were two dots instead of one.

"Why are there two dots?" I ask, pointing at them. Dr. Kerri frowned, looking at the scream while pressing a button. He heartbeat was reveal, sounding almost like it had an echo. Her face dropped, furrowing her brows she zoomed in on the embryo. A smile pulled at the corners of her lips, a light chuckle leaving her lips. She looked at us, her eyes telling me what I really didn't think could happen.

"You're pregnant with twins," Dr. Kerri announced, "In all of the years I've worked as an ultrasound technician, I have never witnessed another embryo just appear out of nowhere."

Hank looked pale, gazing at the screen while holding my hand. "Two?" He breathed out, averting his gaze to look at me.

"Yes, two." Dr. Kerri confirmed, "From now on, your ultrasounds will have to be closer together, so that we can check on the babies. Just to make sure they're healthy."

She wiped away the gel for me this time, her eyes glimmering. "Continue taking those vitamins I prescribed, it'll keep you just as healthy as the babies. You guys are good to go after I print your copies."

"Are you okay, Hank?" I ask, watching as he reaching out for my stomach. Placing his hand on my tummy he smiled.

"I was right." Hank snickered, "Too much sex."

Dr. Kerri laughed, handing us the cards with the photos inside. "I'll see you soon. I'll have my nurse text you your next appointment time and date."

I nodded, "Thanks Dr. Kerri." I say as we leave the exam room. Hank practically dragged me out of the clinic, helping me into the car before hopping in himself. He started the car and sped out of the parking lot.

"What's your hurry?" I ask, Hank grinned.

"Do you know how happy this will make my mother?" Hank asked, looking over at me. I giggled, taking hold of the hand he kept down with a smile.

"I hope it makes today, a better day." I whisper as he pulls onto our street. Driving passed my house he parked in his driveway and rushed over to open my door. I climbed out with a laugh, our pictures in our grasps. Hank held my hand as we entered the house, his mother sitting in the living room looking at old photos. She was dressed in her pajamas, her hair pulled into a ponytail as she sobbed a bit.

Hank dropped his copy onto the coffee table, Mrs. Lott looking up with bloodshot eyes. "What's this?" She asks opening the card and pulling out the picture.

She gazed at it in confusion, staring at the two dots before realization settled on her face. She looked at us, a large smile takin form in his chapped lips. "Twins?" She asks, looking down at my stomach briefly.

I sat down next to her, Hank sitting in her other side. We both hugged her, "Yes, we're having twins." I whisper, she squealed. Squeezing us both before releasing us.

"That great!" She chuckled, "It has made my day brighter, thank you for telling me."

Connie came down from the stairs, her burgundy tank top showing her small pregnant belly. "What's going on?" She asked as she approached us.

"Twins." Hank reply, her eyes widened for a moment before she laughed.

"Wow," she snickered, "You'll be bigger than I am."

I nodded, "The perks of being pregnant, looking forward to being a walking watermelon." I joke, watching her eyes squint as she laughed.

"Kelsey, would you like to stay for dinner?" Mrs. Lott asked, pushing herself off of the couch. I nodded, watching as she walked into the kitchen.

"Mom, let me help you!" Hank said, jumping up and running after her. Connie sat next to me, grabbing the ultrasound picture with a smile.

"Graduation in almost here," Connie said, "For you at least."

"I'm not all that excited about it. I'm sure I'll be big by then." I say, looking at her. She nodded, placing her hand in her belly.

She grabbed a picture of us when we were kids, her eyes filling with tears. "Look at him." She whispered pointing at Mr. Lott who had his hands on mine and Hank's shoulders. Connie sitting in the grass in front of us. "He was so happy."

"We were all happy." I smile, "Your dad was a nice man, a good father."

"He was." Connie agreed, "He was loved by everyone."

I sat back and watched her gaze at the picture, her eyes averting as she set it back down. She leaned back with me, her hand falling back onto her tummy.

"I hope our babies love each other, after all they are cousins." Connie laughed, I nodded in agreement, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. I hugged her into my side before pushing myself up.

I walked into the kitchen, sitting at the island on a stool to watch Hank chop up vegetables. He looked up from the cutting board and smiled. "Enjoy what you see?" He asked, I nodded.

"A man that can cook is my kind of man." I hum, watching as he shoved it in the pot next to him.

"Good thing I'm your man then." Hank chuckled, I rolled my eyes and giggled. He placed the pot with the vegetable and whatever else was in there on the stove. He rested his arms on the island across from me, his eyes burning holes into me.

He grinned, "Mom, I think Kelsey and I will go wash up before dinner."

"Alright honey." Mrs. Lott said, Hank grabbed my hand and yanked me off of the stool.

I giggled softly, Hank pulling me up the stairs and into his room he shut the door and locked the door, grabbing me by the waist. It wasn't very long before he had me undressed, as well as himself. He pushed me down into the bed, bringing me to the edge just before dinner. We were sweaty as we hurried to dress ourselves.

"What was that for?" I ask as we walk into the bathroom to wash our hands.

"I can't have a little celebration fun with my woman?" Hank asks bumping my hip wit his. I roll my eyes and fix my unruly hair.

Hank gave me a quick kiss before we walked down to get ready for dinner. Mrs. Lott had us set the table before we sat down while she fixed us our bowls of her soup. She sat down and we prayed, starting to eat in silence. I coughed before slipping off of the stool. I ran for the sink, the soup spewing from my mouth as I puked everything I've eaten during he day. "Kelsey?"

I felt lightheaded as I leaned over the sink, gasping for breath. "I'm fine." Hank helped me back over to the stool. They were all gazing at me as I pushed my soup away. "I'm fine." I assured, looking down at my lap in embarrassment.