Epilogue

}•{
Epilogue
}•{
Three years later...

I felt so nervous, I was sweating in every crevice. My two toddlers ran around, their giggles filling the room. I took a sip of my wine, my eyes meeting my mother's. She smiled, her eyes full of joyful tears. "You look beautiful."

I returned the smile, my body trembling as I took a seat to compose myself. She lightly ran her hands over my shoulders, the door opening to reveal my dad. He grinned, walking over and offering me his hand. "Have you looked at yourself, Kels?"

I nodded, but my father arched a brow in disbelief. Pulling me up he turned me around and held my shoulder as I stared at myself in the mirror. I gazed at my white dress, it's long trail made out of lace, intricate flowers trailed along my waist, leading down to my left thigh. My shoulders were slightly visible through the same lace that made up my trail. I chose not to wear a veil, my hair pinned up by pearled hair clips. Wisps of hair framed my face, curled to make it look slightly intentional.

My makeup look was natural, a beige sparkle eyeshadow making up my eyelid, shadowed over by a dark brown in the crease. My lips were a transparent gloss, one that sparkled when the light hit it. I looked at my dad through the mirror, my heart beating fast.

He smiled, turning me around once again and cupping my cheeks. "I love you so much, baby girl."

I smiled, "I love you too daddy." He hugged me, a slight tug coming from the bottom of my dress. I looked down at Hailey, her eyes wide as she looked up at me.

"Pretty momma." She muttered, grinning at me. Anthony ran up next to her, looking up as well. He nodded in agreement.

I smiled down at them, I sharply inhaled as Gloria poked her head in. Her beige dress, the color I picked for the bridesmaids, hugging her figure in all the right ways. "It's time. Tony, Hails, follow me." She said waving my babies over. They ran over to her, she held their baskets in their hands, Alexus standing next to her momma with a basket as well. I smiled, watching as the door closed briefly. Mom opened the door for us, my little cousins grabbing my trail once we walked into the hallway. Dad placed my hand in the crook of his elbow, the door opening for us. The music started, alerting the crowd of my arrival.

I held my breath, a flower trail making way to Hank. He turned around, dressed in a black tuxedo. His face brightened, a tear rolling down his cheek. I smiled, holding back my own as we began to walk the aisle. It felt like an eternity, my feet hitting the ground, my dress flowing behind me. I gripped my dad's arm, he glanced at me with a smile. "You're doing just fine." He whispered.

I bit my lip, our steps ceasing. My father handed me over to Hank, my hand slipping into his as he helped me step up. Our eyes were locked in a loving gaze, his blue orbs holding only warmth. I couldn't seem to grasp what was happening, my lips moved as we said our vows. The only vow I could here was my own heart beat. My heart yearned for him always, and as his lips moved to say, "I do." I felt my world fall into place.

"Do you, Kelsey Miller, take Hank Lott as your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked, his eyes burning holes into my skin.

"I do." I said, my lips curling into a smile.

"That it is done," he declared, "I pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride!"

Hank cupped my cheek, his eyes holding pride and passion as he closed the distance between us. He grasped my waist, pressing his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back. I could taste our tears, the salty joy voiding our minds. We pulled away, our eyes meeting. I sniffled, pressing my body against his. I held him close, I held my husband.

The ring felt good against my skin, the cheers greeting our ears. "Now for the after wedding reception!" Hank's grandmother chimed, standing up and lifting her arms. I rolled my eyes, grabbing Hank's hand and pulling him down the aisle. The reception was going to be held in a tent my parents out up in the park just next door to the chapel.

Hank and I walked through the gates of the park, a large group following behind us. The tent was opened for our enjoyment, wine and champagne being handed out by hired baristas. Music began, the first dance between us as a married couple was called for.

Hank swayed with me, our hands clasped together as we danced. Hank nestled his head in the crook of my neck, kissing my skin gently. "I'm currently the happiest man alive." Hank whisper, lifting his head and leaning his forehead against my own.

"And I'm the happiest woman alive." I grinned, kissing his nose. "I love you."

"And I love you." Hank murmured, kissing my nose in return. I giggled, pulling my hand from his grasp and wrapping my arms around his waist.

We swayed, the feeling out tug coming from my dress. "I believe our little ones deserve a dance." I snicker, bending down to pick Tony up. Hank picked Hailey up, swaying playfully with them in our arms. Our laughter was joined by the groups'.

We danced happily as a family, my thoughts resting on just how happy I am to have my babies, to have my husband. My gaze met Hank's, our smiles widening. We came together for a family hug, my three true loves right at arms length.