Our Soldier Epilouge | S. Rogers

Our Soldier

–✧–

One Year Later

"Once upon a time, there was a princess. But she was a shy princess," you began as your one year old daughter's head rested on your shoulder. You headed to your apartment, softly padding against the carpeted floor. Natasha and Bruce had been watching Amity the whole day so you could clean your flat.

"One day, the king had decided let the princess join the castle's army," You continued, opening the door. "The princess loved to fight for what was right. She loved to do good things and save others,"

"Like dada?" Amity mumbled looking up to you.

"Like dada," You smiled as you walked into the kitchen to make her milk. "The princess was scared that nobody would like her. Or that she was too weak. She always stayed in her room and read books, or drew pretty things,"

You closed and shook the powder and water in the bottle, then picked Amity up again, setting her on your hip. She clung to you as you started to make your way upstairs to the bedroom.

"One night while she was reading her favorite book, one of the soldiers came to her room. He was tall, handsome, kind, but a bit shy like her. He asked her what book she was reading. The princess replied, To Kill a Mockingbird. The soldier, whose name was Rogers, said that he loved that book too. And so the soldier and princess sat together, talking for hours on end about classics in American literature,"

Amity looked up at you with a blank face. You chuckled and said, "The princess and the soldier talked about their favorite books for a lot of time that night,"

The child smiled and clapped her hands, and you smiled back, switching on the bedside lamp and slowly sitting on the bed with her in your lap.

"It was midnight when Rogers had realized he had spent so much time with the princess. As he was about to leave, he told her, You don't have to be shy of us. We are all excited that you are here. Come join us for dinner next time. He then smiled, waved, said goodnight and left." You paused reminiscing the quote. "The princess was beginning to take a strong liking to the soldier."

You held the nozzle (is that what it's called i don't know) of the baby bottle softly to Amity's lips as she began to drink. She grasped the bottle herself, but since it would be too heavy if you let go, you held it with her.

"The next day, she talked more to the other soldiers, taking Rogers' advice. There were eight other of them. One of them was named Barton. Barton was a skilled archer, and very funny. Banner was an intelligent, yet strong man, but he was always quite and thoughtful. But he would be really scary when he became angry. Romanoff was the only other girl beside the princess. She was sneaky and and manipulative, yet sometimes sweet to her fellow soldiers. She was very beautiful as well. Stark was cocky, oversmart, and sacracstic. He was that guy. Even thought he was all of that, he also had a vulnerable side to him that wasn't seen too often. It was rare when it was there, and you had to catch it as fast as you could, because as soon as it shows, it's gone. Odinson was an actual God from another realm called Asgard. He is very muscular, and walks around with a big and heavy hammer. Maximoff was a skinny, silver-haired flirt. He had an accent that was amusing to listen to. The princess found it amazing. Barnes was a funny guy. He had an arm of metal with a red star, and was a childish, fun-loving, adorable man. Then, there was Rogers. The general of the squad. He used to be in a different army, then had been taken into this new one. He was very good at his job. He was muscular, handsome, generous, protective, gentlemanly, and brave. He had a big circle shield that he carried around too. All of the other soldiers enjoyed the princess' company, and soon he realized that she had been excepted into a group where she was proud to say that she fit in,"