Be Careful | P. Maximoff

Be Careful

–✧–

As you grew closer to the common room, the voices of your teammates grew louder, and the hoarseness from their strained chords were evident as well.

You kicked the door open, wrapping your arms around yourself angrily to preserve warmth, and strips of hair came undone from the loose ponytail on your head. This morning you were having none of it.

"YOU HAD ONE JOB!" Steve scolded.

"YOU TOLD ME TO GIVE IT TO YOU!" Pietro retorted defensively.

"EXACTLY!" Steve cried. You walked around him as he desperately tried to pull out his shield that was wedged into the wall.

"You're so paying for that." Tony scoffed. "Plus tax."

Clint drew his arrow towards Pietro who was standing next to Steve, guilty, yet apprehensive about helping him dislodge his precious shield.

"Nobody would know," Clint mumbled. "Nobody."

"What did I do to you?" Pietro incredulously laughed.

"You broke Bertha. Now I break you."

"Bertha?"

"She was the best."

Pietro groaned, running a hand through his soft silver hair. "You keep naming your bows, you're going to die alone. And I didn't do shit to your stupid bow, I just stepped on it."

"Kid, you need to watch your language." Steve huffed, sweaty from a continuous attempt to free his property.

"Why don't you make me, gramps."

"Son, just don't."

Clint released his arrow, and it zipped just passed Pietro's head, and hit the wall.

"HEY!" Tony and Pietro screeched in unison. Pietro ran to the other side of Steve while Tony ran to Clint's arrow in the wall, pulling it out angrily.

"REALLY, BARTON?" He held the arrow out.

Clint simply chuckled, and as he reached for his arrow in Tony's hand, Toby gripped it with both hands, rested it on his knee, and snapped it in half.

"That's gonna be you Maximoff, if you don't find a way to remove this giant frisbee from my wall." Tony sneered, throwing the broken item at Clint.