Before You Start Your Day | T. Stark

Before You Start Your Day[twenty øne piløts af ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)]

[twenty øne piløts af ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)]

For @WishfulGeeking

–✧–

You ran into the lab where a thundering crash erupted, the sound resonating throughout the tower. Almost tripping over your own feet as you threw the lab door open, your heart sunk into your chest, the weight of it causing your knees to weaken.

"Tony." Your voice was below a whisper, but no further comment was made.

The situation dissolved into you, and your skin felt cold to the touch as goosebumps ran down your skin.

The lab was littered with his suits that had been destroyed; broken apart and pounded in with a hammer probably, dented, snapped in half, and burnt. What he'd prized and spent most of his time working on now completely broken.

You found your husband sitting in the middle of the debri, kneeling on the ground with two helmets in front of him. A red-gold one, and a black-grey one.

His back was to you, and you tried to be as quiet as possible, but he definitely heard your panicked footsteps and the door flying open.

"Don't sit." His voice was low and shattered. "You might hurt yourself."

Carefully, you stepped around the destruction till you were right beside Tony on the floor.

"You have to stop." You placed a hand on his knee.

"I can't. I'm going to keep making messes until I make a mess of myself. That way, I'll have nothing to lose."

"Tony you're already a mess. I'll help you as much as I can, but you know just as well as I do, that the man who creates his own scars is the only man who can heal them."

"It's no use." Tony shakes his head. "I have nothing."

"You don't need everything either."

"I don't want everything anymore. I want forgiveness."

"You can't do this to yourself."

Defeated, he sighs. "I was trying to make Rhodey a new suit." Tony points to the black and grey helmet that sat beside his own. "He is gone, but I figured I owe him something. I can't even build anymore, and that's who I am. I'm a creator, and if I can't create, what am I? My head still continues to replay every moment of the war, when Earth's mightiest dysfunction turned on each other. When I turned on Steve. I miss them. There are no more Avengers, (Y/n). It's just you and me. Bruce has already started to look for homes down in New Jersey. I've tore it all apart."