20. They Get Overemotional

I saw the chance and took it ^

Tony:
Sleep.

It's all he ever did.

Tony was either working in the lab or in bed, and never helped out around the house anymore. He probably forgot he had a wife!

You being the wife became frustrated fast, but never said anything about it.

"Tony, I'm leaving!" You called out to your husband who was sleeping upstairs.

Within a minute, he jetted down the stairs with sleepy eyes, messy hair, still clad in jeans and a shirt from yesterday.

"Why?!" He pleaded.

The sudden gesture surprised you. Now he wakes up?

"Beca–"

"I mean I know I sleep a lot, and I'm always in the lab, and I'm never around much, but...why this, (y/n)?! Don't you love me?!"

"Tony of c–"

"I thought that when we got married, we agreed to love each other for as long as we live! I thought you loved me! I love you with all my heart!"

"But I–"

"But you want to walk out on me now?! I promise I will try harder! I will be a better hsuband! (Y/n) I will do whatever it takes just please...please don't walk out on me!"

"All I–"

"Yeah I know, all you ever do is work, but so do I!" Tears streamed down Tony's red face, and his voice scratched as he yelled. "I am trying, (y/n)! I am trying so hard to make everything work out!"

"I'm just–"

"Just going to get your space, yeah I know. I love you more than I can say! But the minute you walk out of that door, I have nothing else to live for. So at least tell me where you are going so I know you'll be safe."

There was a minute of silence.

"Tony, I'm just going out to get groceries..."

Steve:
[This one is not overemotional– it's simply emotional]

"Steve...are you okay?" You lifted your head from his chest when his steady breaths became shaky.