Closer Than You Think Pt. II | S. Rogers

Part Two
PART TWO IS HEEEEAHHH

You woke up in a hotel room. The white fluffy sheets were pulled up to your chin, your body underneath sweating profusely.

Immediately alarmed due to your unfamiliar surroundings, you ripped the blankets from your body and bolted up and off the bed.

The room spun and the light from the window suddenly seemed too bright, and you fell to the cold floor.

"Aw for fuc-"

You rolled onto your back and looked up at the ceiling, the SHIELD logo on the top of the wall across from you.

At least I know I'm in some sort of SHEILD containment. You said to yourself. Why am I here?

Then it came back to you.

The HYDRA base. Your blown cover. Jessie and Ben. The serum.

The serum.

It was now a part of you, it had touched every vein in your body and you were scared to look down at yourself. So you closed your eyes and stood up, sitting back on your bed. The ache behind your eyes and in the back of your head began to soothe and you slowly opened your eyes.

Unaware that a mirror was right across from the side of your bed, you were immediately greeted with your reflection. Your jaw touched the floor and you stood up again, walking closer to the mirror. You ran your hand along your opposite arm, noticing the increase in definition and shape. Your shoulders were broader too. You didn't recognize the reflection you saw. You knew it was you but...was it you? You felt heavier with all of the muscles, and suddenly, you felt as if you were possessing someone else's body. You felt as if your personality was all wrong and wasn't good enough to be in this physical vessel.  You flex your arms, bent your knees and contorted your face into different expressions. Who was this?

Then you began to cry.

You didn't want this. It happened all too fast. Sure, you recreated it, but your brain knew as well as your heart did that no way in a million years would you have ever wanted it in you. What were you supposed to do?

As you examined your body, the door behind you opened and you quickly turned around, forgetting the tears on your cheek.

"It's time to take your meds y/n." A nurse walked in and set the tray of food and glass of water on your bed.

You stared at her as she moved across your room, fluffing the pillows, wiping down the mirror, adjusting the plants on the desk and opening the window.

"Where am I?" You asked, just to be sure.

"SHIELD's Recovery Unit." She replied simply.

"How did I get here? Where are Jessie and Ben?"

"Sorry miss, I'm not allowed to know that much information."

"Well, can you find out, please?" You turned around to keep looking at her as she opened the bathroom door to put in a new trash bag, though you haven't even used the first one yet.