Chapter Two

I sigh as I walk into my apartment. Work was a bit rough today. We had saved a little fox cub who had been left by himself, and he didn't like me trying to save him I guess. I had scratches and bites all over my arms and legs.

I didn't blame the little guy. If I was him, I probably would've done the same thing.

I take a shower and put on my pajamas. I put some medicine and bandages on my arms and legs, then open Skype.

Yes, Thomas is online!

I quickly call him, and he answers.

"Hey Snowflake." He blows me a kiss. I blow him one back.

"How was your day, hm?" He asks.

I sigh and hold up my arms, showing him my bandages. His eyes widen and he says, "What happened Kylie? How did you get hurt? Did you trip over yourself again?"

I scoff. "That only happened three times, Thomas. It was a fox cub. It hurts, but not as bad as it did earlier."

He sighs. "I'm glad you're okay. You scared me a little there."

"So yeah, other than that, my day was fine." I say in an annoyed voice.

"How was your day?" I ask.

"Boring. I didn't really film that much today, I sat around most of the time. I'd rather have gotten scratched by a fox to be honest."

I just roll my eyes. "I miss you."

"I miss you too, Kylie." He leans in and kisses the camera. I grin and kiss my camera too.

"I'll be back before you know it Snowflake, trust me." He says soothingly.

"Okay, but you owe me a lot of kisses and cuddle time and hugs and all that stuff."

"I know, I know. I'll give you even more than that too. I'll give you so much love that you'll be sick of me." He winks at me.

I blush. "Thomaaaaaassssssss."

"Kyliiiiieeeeeeee."

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of you, Tommy."

"Tommy?" He asks.

"I've decided on trying to find a nick name for you. I need to try different ones. How's Tommy?"

He thinks a little, then shakes his head. "It reminds me of The Scorch Trials. Find another one."

"Okaaaaaaaaay."

"Gosh, I want to kiss you so much right now. And touch you, and give you a really nice massage, and-"

"Okay Thomas. I catch the drift." I was blushing like crazy now.

"You're so bloody cute, love. I'll never get enough of you." He says in a flirtatious voice.

"Thomas, seriously." I say.

He chuckles. "Alright, alright."

We talk for another hour, then we say goodbye.

I make myself some macaroni and cheese.

"No, Lulu, you can't have any." I push her gently off the table. "You know you aren't allowed on the table dummy."

She meows in protest, but goes and eats her own food.

I really wanted Thomas to come here. Like, now. I was tired of waiting. But, I had to.

I listen to BTS to help me fall asleep that night.

*****

I check up on the injured fox again the next day at work.

His paw had gotten a little bit better, but he still couldn't walk on it, which was to be expected.

I decided to name him Oscar.

And I named the little fox cub Satan.

Just kidding. I named him Cal.

I don't know why I named them that. I just did.

Cal tried really hard to escape, but he couldn't. Oscar just stayed asleep and calm most of the day.

I had a soft spot for Oscar. I'm not sure why, I just did.

*****

I get home, and immediately get on the couch. Only a few moments later, Lulu jumps up on me.

"I think I want another cat." I say. "Yeah, let's get another cat."

So the next day, I adopt a cat from our shelter. She was getting dangerously close to being put down, so I jumped at my chance. I named her Midnight. She was pure white with blue eyes. She was missing most of one of her ears, and her tail was broken, but she was so sweet.

When I took her home, Lulu was hesitant. She sniffed Midnight, and Midnight looked around curiously.

Finally, Lulu rubbed up against Midnight and, after a few moments, midnight rubbed back.

"Awwwwww, this is so cute."

So I Skype Thomas.

"Thomas, guess what."

"What?"

"I got another kitty. Her name is Midnight." I hold Midnight up for him to see. Midnight meowed.

"Midnight? You named a white cat Midnight?"

"It's unique." I tell him.

"I know, I know. I was kidding. She's pretty Kylie. Is she missing an ear?"

"Most of one, yeah. And her tails broken, but she's so sweet." I kiss Midnight in the head, and she purrs.

"She's adorable, love. But I've gotta go, I only got a short break right now." He says in a sad voice.

"Oh, right. Alright well, work hard. And good luck!"

"Kylie?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too Thomas." I say, smiling.

"Bye, Snowflake."

"Bye, Tom."

"Tom? Really?"

"I guess I'll look for something else then." I sigh.

He chuckles, tells me he loves me again, then hangs up.

I cuddle with both cats that night, and they keep me warm.