Chapter Eleven

*4 weeks later*

I was cleaning out one of the dogs' cages in the shelter. And all of a sudden, a slight a pain began to make itself known in the lower part of my stomach. At first, I thought it was just one of those random pains that pops up here and there, that it would go away in a few minutes. But no. It got worse. And that's when I knew.

I'm on my period.

Whenever I was just starting my period every month, I had this terrible, terrible pain. Not cramps. No, it was pain. My mom and I thought it was ovarian cysts, but we never got around to the doctor to find out for sure.

Well crap. I looked at the clock on the wall, and let out a sigh of relief. It was time for me to go home. I finished cleaning the cage, making myself ignore the stupid pain growing in my stomach. I said goodbye to the animals and the staff, clocked out, and drove home.

I walked into my apartment, locked the door behind me, and quickly went to the medicine cabinet in the kitchen. I got out four ibuprofen and quickly took them.

The bad thing was, sometimes they barely helped the pain. I went into my room, not answering Thomas when he said hello.

I took off my work clothes, took a quick shower, got dressed in loose clothes, got into bed, and turned my heating pad on. I laid it on my lower stomach and stared up at the ceiling, wincing as the pain stayed steady.

Thomas entered my room shortly after, and he opened his mouth to say something, but then he saw the heating pad, and the pained look on my face, and he closed his mouth.

He hurried over to me and kissed my forehead. "Oh baby, I'm sorry you're hurting again. Is there anything I can do? Gosh, I hate it when I can't help you stop the pain. Can I get you anything? Water? Are you out of pads? Do I need to go buy some?"

I loved that about Thomas. He wasn't afraid to go out and buy girl stuff for me. He wasn't embarrassed by it. He was at first, but the embarrassment had gone away after a while. Thomas always took care of me.

I, on the other hand, was always completely and utterly embarrassed when he knew I was on my period. It was just a thing that I felt, and I tried my best to keep it from him, but sometimes he would see me with the heating pad, and even though I tried to hide them, I knew that he could probably see the pad wrappers in the trash. He always told me not to be embarrassed, not to worry about it, that it was a natural thing for a female, that I couldn't stop it from happening.

Of course I knew all that. It made me even more embarrassed every time he told me that.

I shake my head. "You don't need to get me anything. I'm fine. Kind of."

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and gently climbed onto the bed and laid down next to me. He kissed my cheek, and he laid he his hand gently on top of my heating pad. I closed my eyes, trying to make the pain go away. But it didn't work. It never worked.

Sometimes I absolutely hated being a girl.

I felt his hand go under the heating pad, slip a little bit under my shirt, resting it on my belly button.

I looked at him confusedly. I knew he wouldn't do anything... sexual to me, he wasn't like that, not when I was like this.

So what was he doing?

He moved his hand to one side of my stomach, and he started to gently massage it with his thumb. At first, it hurt, and I winced and grimaced. But then, I felt the pain lessen on that side, if only by a little bit.

"Does it hurt? Do I need to stop?" He asks worriedly.

I just shake my head. I took his other hand and slid under my shirt, to the other side of my stomach, and he started to massage that side like he was doing the other. The pain lessened on that side as well.

He kept doing this for a while, his thumbs gently rubbing circles in my skin. Every once in a while, he would place a kiss somewhere on my face, which just made me smile a little.

After a long while, I told him that he could stop, that the pain wasn't nearly as bad as it had been. He kept massaging me for a few more minutes before he stopped. Then, he gently moved the heating pad and pulled my shirt up just a little.

He placed gentle kisses on my lower stomach, and it was as if his kisses healed even more of my pain. He placed many kisses on me before he pulled my shirt back down and placed the heating pad back on my stomach.

"I'm going to get you some water, okay? I'll be right back." He kissed my cheek, then he went to the kitchen to get me water.

*****

That night, I couldn't sleep. For some reason, I felt that if I slept, something bad would happen.

And I was right.

************
Ooooooh, cliff hanger.

Hellllloooooooo. Once again, I'm so sorry about me not updating. I've been busy with finals, tutoring summer school, marching band practice, and Exo's comeback. (Obsesseddddd). I'm going to update more, I promise!

May StarClan light your path.