Chapter Twenty-Four

I wake up, the covers tangled in between Thomas and I.  I let out a contented sigh and cuddle up next to my husband.

Yesterday was so wonderful.  I will never ever forget it. 

"Babe, did you sleep well?"  Thomas says tiredly, yawning.

"Yeah..."  I say, yawning as well.

"That's good..." He says, pulling me even closer to him, his arms wrapping around me.  "Let's sleep some more..."

And we do.

****

When I wake up again, I smell food.

Thomas was cooking. I put on some clothes, and walk to the kitchen. But as I walk to the kitchen, I feel sore. In between my legs, but also in other places.

I walk into the bathroom and take my clothes off again. I flinch when I see all of the burns and scars, but I notice something else.

There were new bruises. On my hips and sides, and a few on my shoulders and arms.

I stare at myself.

I guess Thomas and I had a lot of fun last night. Maybe a bit too much. I sigh, and put my clothes back on. I walk to the kitchen to find Thomas cooking, dressed only in sweatpants. I blush when I see his bare chest, and he looks up at me.

"Hello, Mrs. Sangster. I'm making some Chinese food for you. I know how much you love..." He trails off as he looks at me, and I know that he sees my new bruises that were visible on my arms.

I cross my arms, hoping to hide them, but he had already seen them.

He quickly hurries over to me, and he gently pulls my arms away from my chest.

"God, did I do this?" He asks as his eyes scan my arms.

"It's fine Thomas. You didn't mean to, it's fine." I answer.

Thomas closes his eyes and grits his teeth. "Does it hurt? Tell the truth."

I hesitate. "Yeah, a little. But I'll just take some ibuprofen, it's fine. It's not your fault..."

"But it is. I can't believe I did that to you, especially when it's our first night as husband and wife! I promised you that I would never hurt you, but I did. Kylie, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry that I did that. Please, don't hate me..."

"Thomas, I could never hate you. I-it's fine. I forgive you, I promise. It happened in a moment of passion.  It's fine.

Thomas hugs me softly.

"I'm gonna go take some ibuprofen. I'll be right back." I walk back into our room and grab the bottle of ibuprofen I had brought with me. I take out four pills and take them with some water from the sink.

I walk back into the kitchen, and see that Thomas was cooking again, although he had a sad expression in his face.

I walk over to him, and hug him from behind. "It's okay Thomas. I love you."

"I love you too Kylie..."

We eat the Chinese food that he makes for me, which was so delicious.