Chapter 5: Happy Birthday!

-Sting P. O. V.-

"These are the last two rooms." I said, pointing to the two doors that were across from each other. "The one on the left here is adjacent to Minerva's, and the other one is adjacent to Rufus and Orga's room."

"Why are they sharing rooms?" Beth asked.

"I'm still stuck on the fact that Sting just said 'adjacent.' Twice." Rogue teased. I punched him as Kagura and Yukino giggled.

"I don't remember him using that word before, and we're sharing rooms because we thought we had to for our first week here." Rufus said with his usual tone. "We quickly learned that's not how things  work here, but it wasn't such a bad arrangement, so we decided to stay."

"Also because I couldn't find anybody who wanted to help me bring my guitars back to my old room." Orga added.

"Do you really have THAT many?" Risley questioned.

Every Sabertooth member in the hallway, except Orga sweatdropped and sighed. "Yes..." We all groaned.

"Okay. Anyway. I'll take the left one." Arana said, entering the room.

"Sting, give me the key to the left one, I'll bunk with her." Millianna said, holding out her hand. I dropped the key in her hand and she joined Arana in the room.

I handed the other key to Beth. "I guess you and Risley will be in the other room."

"That's fine. I'm okay with any of the girls as my roommate." Beth said, entering the room.

"And you two better not make any noise." Rufus warned. "I like to read at night."

Right before Risley closed the door, she gave him a sly smirk.

"Never underestimate chubby power!"

Kagura groaned at her friend's catchphrase.

"Anyway, let's continue. Kagura, you're bunking with Yukino, correct?" I continued.

She nodded. "That's correct."

"Well, it's getting late, so I'll be going to bed." Minerva said, turning towards her room.

"Wait, is it that late already!?" Yukino asked.

Minerva pointed to the clock on the wall that Lector installed. He insisted that is made it feel more "homey." I guess he was right. The clock read "7:00 pm."

Rufus cleared his throat. "I always remember the time."

Yukino's innocent voice kept me from hitting Rufus for that. "Why are you going to bed so early? Plus, we still have to have Rogue and Frosch's birthday party!"

Minerva pinned her to the wall and whispered something in her ear that made her blush. She then turned and entered her room.

I wonder what that was about...

-Yukino P. O. V.-

Why was Minerva going to bed so early? She always stays up late, kind of like a hall monitor. She only goes to bed after she knows at least me and Sting have gone to our rooms. Maybe I should ask her.

"Why are you going to bed so early? Plus, we still have to have Rogue and Frosch's birthday party!"

She suddenly pinned me to the wall by my wrists. What the hell!? She then started whispering to me.

"I think that you and Sting, and also Rogue and Kagura, should have separate... alone time... I'm just getting myself out of the way. Don't waste the opportunity, if it presents itself." She then let me go and slunk into her room. I slid down the wall, my mind filled with... dirty thoughts...