Chapter 30: Dirty Vanilla Ice Cream

Real quick, I spent about the last 4 hours tracking down this amazing picture... I hope you guys enjoy this. This is how much I care about you guys! I REALLY wanted this picture for this chapter, and I REALLY want you guys to enjoy awesome picture to compliment the chapter. Anyway, let's just get back to the awesome StingYu date continuation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Sting P. O. V.-

Yukino and I walked back to the ice cream parlor. The sign read 'Open", so we went on inside.

We walked up to the counter and the girl flashed us both a perky smile. She had green eyes and long brown hair. Her lips were really red. Too much lipstick.

"Welcome to the Nice Cream Ice Cream Shop! May I take your order?" she asked, very upbeat while pulling a notepad out of her pocket.

I pulled the vouchers from my pocket and put them on the counter. The girl scooped them up, spun on her heel, and placed them behind her.

"Will that be two small or one large?"

"One large." I said.

"What flavor?"

"Vanilla."

"Whipped cream? Cherry?"

I looked at Yukino and she nodded. "Sure." I told the girl.

The girl nodded and practically bounced away.

Yukino and I went over to a table and sat down.

"She seemed pretty happy." Yukino said.

"I wonder if that's what she's really like. Or if it's one of those acts they put on for the customers." I said, putting my hands behind my head.

"Maybe. I couldn't do that. Even if I did, I'd probably suck at a job like this." She seemed a tiny bit sad.

"Hey, don't sell yourself short, Yuki. You're a great girl! You're smart, pretty, caring. You're too good for me."

"No, Sting, you're a nice guy, too! After the Grand Magic Games, you became compassionate about your comrades. You became kind. You were strong for your friends and us at the guild. You..."

"Okay, here you go!" The serving girl showed up at the worst possible moment. "Here's your ice cream! Three scoops of vanilla with whipped cream and a cherry!" She set down the bowl and stuck two spoons in it. "And two spoons for the lovely couple!" Then she finally bounced away.

"Well, let's eat." Yukino said, abandoning the subject.

"Yeah." I said, picking up a spoon and starting to eat some ice cream. I was a bit glad we dropped the topic. We were both good people, and I'm glad we both know it.

"Do you want the cherry?" Yukino asked after a moment of silent eating.

I paused. "Well, do you want it?"

She shook her head. "No, you can have it. Cherries are okay, but I can go without one every now and then."

I shrugged and picked the cherry up by its stem and popped it into my mouth. I twirled the stem as I swallowed the red fruit.

"You know, this is kind of ironic."

She stopped for a moment. "What do you mean?"

"Well, not really ironic. More like... backwards, in a way."

"That... you ate a cherry?" She seemed confused.

"No. It's like... I should be doing this, but not like this."