Chapter 16: Dinner Plans (Special Announcement)

-Rogue P. O. V.-

"Sting..." I stared, shocked, embarrassed, concerned about what he just told us. "Would you care to explain why I have to sleep next to Kagura, tonight?" I was struggling to keep my composure while my face was betraying it, turning a crimson red.

"Well" Lector said, stepping forward. "The air conditioner in Yukino and Kagura's room broke, so it won't turn off. We won't be able to get it fixed for a week, so it's gonna get pretty cold, pretty quickly. So, unless you want to sleep in winter clothes, you need to stay in another room for a while."

"And since Sting and Rogue's room is directly across the hall from yours, you'll be rooming with them!" Minerva continued.

I looked around the main hall. All of my guildmates were giving me sly smirks. I felt like Sting announced that I had sex with Kagura. At least, that's what all their faces looked like. Am I the only mature person in my guild?

"So... What about Yukino?" Kagura's voice was a bit nervous, but concern was sprinkled in with a bit of fright.

"Well, naturally, she'll be sleeping in Sting's bed!" Lector bragged.

"Question." Millianna interjected. "Why can't Kagura and Yukino sleep in someone else's room? Kagura could sleep in my room, if that's okay, Arana."

"Well, no, they can't." Rufus corrected. "I remember that Sting, Rogue, and Lady Minerva are the only people with beds that are big enough for two people. Minerva has offered to room Lucy, leaving you and Yukino to sleep with our master and his cat obsessed best friend."

I felt like I wanted to run, panic, and punch Rufus in the face at the same time...

"Putting that aside" Erza interrupted. "We had an idea on the way here that we should all go out for dinner later, as a way to help us settle in a bit better here."

"Sounds interesting. Have any place in mind?" Minerva asks.

"Actually, yes." Erza answers without hesitation. Did she have this planned from the start or just think of it on the way here? "There's this really fancy place that serves amazing deserts just a little bit away from here. We'll need to wear suits and dresses, but the deserts are so worth it!"

It seems like she really was interested in the deserts... I wonder why?

"Sounds like a plan!" Sting said with a smile. "Everyone good with that?"

Most of the guild members grumbled 'no,' but a few 'yes's' came about around the hall.

"I'm down. Let's rock out!" Orga shouted.

"This will be a dinner to remember!" Rufus added.

"That sounds mighty fine! Count me in!" Beth spoke.

"I'll come! Never underestimate chubby power!" Risley chimed in with her catchphrase.

"I guess I'll come too. I need a little fun tonight." Minerva shrugged.

"Fish! Fish! We need to get fiiiiiiiiiiiish!" Millianna squealed.

"Don't worry, Millianna, we'll all enjoy this meal. I assure you of it." Arana calmly told her roommate.

"I'd love to have dinner with you all! I haven't gone out for dinner in a while!" Yukino agreed.

"As long as I'm not paying, I'll join you guys." Lucy said.

"Good question, who is buying?" I asked.

"Of course, I will! That restaurant gives me a discount ever since I bought 25 cakes from them that one night." Erza told us.