Chapter 39: Alone In The Office

I just can't seem to focus anymore.

I've been trying to write this chapter for a while now, especially since a requested ship chapter is coming after it, but I can't seem to do it.

But I'm done with that! I'm on my iPad now, so let's get this thing done!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Lucy P. O. V.-

Seeing as how Natsu was taking off his vest and about ready to take off his pants to switch to his pajama shorts, I did what any girlfriend would do in this situation.

Turn around and blush.

I never said I wasn't a SHY girlfriend.

Plus, I'm usually the one who's stripped down in front of Natsu, not the reverse.

"How long do you need?" I asked without turning around.

"About another minute." He responded. "You don't need to turn around, Luce. We're together now. I won't be taking off my boxers, so you're fine."

It felt... strange to hear him say that. Like he was more mature now that we were dating.

"Still, I just feel more comfortable."

"Suit yourself."

I sighed, then I heard Natsu singing a song under his breath.

"You do it for him. And you would do it again. You do it for her, that is to say you'll do it for him. I'm done, Luce!"

I turned back to see him in his flaming red pajamas. "What was that song you were mumbling?"

"What? Oh that! Well, while you were here and when I was sick, the whole guild, except Mira and me, went to the boardwalk. Well, turns out Wendy and Romeo came back early. The two of them thought I was lonely, so they decided to show me this show they watch about some kid named Steve or something who was friends with a bunch of crystals or gems or something. There was some pretty catchy songs!" He was as energetic as ever.

I sat down on the couch, hoping Sting wouldn't mind. "That's nice, Natsu."

He immediately ran over and say next to me. "So, what do you want to do for the next few minutes?"

I sighed. "I don't really care."

It was a huge lie.

There was a LOT of things I wanted to do with Natsu, since we haven't gotten any alone time in forever, thanks to a certain flying blue cat. Erza was right. He WAS the king of cockblockers,

"You sure?"

I nodded. If I did anything, I'd risk the chance of Erza and Minerva getting an eyeful of a French kiss, and I do NOT want that to be public.

I'm just lucky Natsu doesn't have some kind of older brother to judge his girlfriends or whatever. I'd be screwed from all of Mira's matchmaking tales.

"Luce, can I ask you something?" Natsu sat back, his arms behind his head.

"Sure, go ahead."

"Well, you have to promise not to tell Happy, okay?"

"I promise." I nodded firmly to let him know he could trust me.

"Well, we've been together a while now, and we haven't had much alone time, so..."

Oh dear. Is he gonna...?

"I figured we could do SOMETHING couple like, you know? Like cuddle on the couch or something."

I paused. I thought for SURE he was going to ask to make out. We haven't done that since last week when I tricked Happy and Natsu into playing hide and seek and we hid in the closet while Happy was looking in stupid places. He sucks at that game.

"I... guess we can do that. Erza will knock and I can get up before she opens the door."

Natsu suddenly looked like he had a brilliant idea. "Oh I forgot about the knock! Well, if we have a few seconds after the knock, we can just make out and pull apart at the knock! What do you say, Luce?"

Well there goes my plan.

Though, thinking about it, he was right. As long as we had that safety knock, we could lock lips with no regrets...

"Natsu, what time is it?"

"Adventure Time!"

"..."

"I have no idea. What time is it, Luce?"

"It's time to make out."

And then I pounced on him and we locked lips like we were the horny teenage victims in a horror movie.

-Third Person P. O. V.-

"So, I heard you've been playing a lot of video games, too, Minerva."

Erza and Minerva were chatting as the minutes went by.

"Yes, I have. I've really gotten into a game similar to that lawyer game you play, but instead of spiky hair, the main character has an ahoge."

"Ah, I know which game you mean. I love that one! Nobody can outwit the great detective, Kyoko Kirigiri!"

"I've also been doing some story games with Rufus before we have sex sometimes. Life Is Strange and Until Dawn have been very fun."

"Yeah, they are gems. I had my doubts with LIS, though. At first I was thinking 'I am a swordswoman with very high standards!' And then I was like 'Oh no! This game is meeting all of my standards!'"

"How much time do they have left, anyway?"

Erza looked down at the watch. "Time's up. Better give them the 'knock'"

With a very evil grin, Erza lightly tapped on the door with her finger.

Minerva pulled up her camera, ready to snap a shot.

After the seconds went by, Erza threw open the door.

"Time's up, lovebirds!" Erza shouted as Minerva took a picture of the two making out on the couch.

The couple broke apart and looked up and the two woman.

"What the Mavis! Where was the knock!" Lucy shouted, climbing off of Natsu with a red face.

"I knocked. You didn't hear it?" Erza had the biggest smirk so far out of all of the many smirks in this book.

"Maybe we're too loud, Luce?" Natsu said as the couple walked past the two woman and down the stairs.

As Erza and Minerva followed them, Erza asked Minerva a question. "You're totally posting that on Fairybook, right?"

"That, and Saberbook. We enjoy the many ships of Fairy Tail too, Titania."

"I like your style."

The two laughed as they rejoined the circle, plotting more shipping.