Chapter 2

The diamond glimmered against the light as Dara held it up while she was lying down on her bed, sleep unquestionably and unsuprisingly eluding her. She could feel the smile stuck on her lips as she moved her hand studying it from every angle and trying not to be too giddy about it. Even after Donghae had dropped her off at her apartment after that surprise proposal of his, she still couldn't believe it. She's now engaged to Lee Donghae. She's going to marry Lee Donghae! It was so... unreal. It feels like a dream that she's currently having. She turned on her side and hugged her pillow while the smile on her face stayed. Gah! She feels like she had gone back to high school. Even if she didn't even have crushes on high school, it feels like she had gone back to that time and actually felt like a sappy teenager overflowing with giddiness.

The party which turned out to be an engagement celebration for them became the most memorable event of her life. She was still pissed at Donghae for his cold acting which made her believe that he was really breaking up with her and Chaerin and Suzy for giving her that idea in the first place. She would never have decode the We need to talk as a form of a break-up intro. Donghae had apologized to her before hugging her tight as he laughed out loud at her ticked off face. And not letting her go until she actually answered his big question with a vocal Yes. Which she did in a disgruntled tone, even though her heart is close to jumping out of her chest and dance in the middle of the vast hall. Donghae must've seen through it because he grinned widely, threaded his fingers through hers then announced to everyone, She said Yes. Dara could only roll her eyes at that while everyone cheered loudly than before.

She couldn't remember much on what happened as she was brimming with too much happiness. She did remember hugging almost everyone in the room as they congratulated her, though. Her mom deliriously happy for her, Donghae's parents hugging her as if she is already a part of their family. And the Lee Matriarch, who looks like the happiest of all, as she demanded that they come visit her tomorrow. But apart from that, it was just like a whiz of everything. She's still trying to get it all together, wrap her mind around the fact that she is now an engaged woman. She had pinched herself just to see if she was just dreaming but it hurts so it means it had been real. And the ring on her finger will attest to that. It is just too good to be true.

A beep from her phone sounded and she took her phone to read who it is this time. There has been a lot of messages coming in from work congratulating her and she had been responding eagerly, thanking them. But the message this time was from Donghae.

She smiled as she read his message.

You're still awake, right? Aish, I knew how much you missed me but go to sleep now, okay? Don't think about me too much.

She sent a response.

As if. Why are you still awake?

I can't sleep either. Some say it was because somebody was thinking about you so you need to stop it so I could sleep too.

The nerve! Her smile turned into a grin as she sent a reply. I can't sleep because i kinda lost the ring and I can't find it.

She snorted and seconds later, her phone is ringing. Dara rolled her eyes as she sat up and rested her back on her headboard. He is so gullible! Either that or she was really inlove with an idiot. She pressed the answer button and Donghae spoke even before she can call out a greeting.

"Ya! Don't tell me you really lost the ring," Donghae said in an ominous tone.

"What, you're not gonna marry me if I did?" Dara countered.

Donghae was silent for a second thinking about it. "Maybe," he finally answered.

Dara grinned before saying in a cute, girly voice. "Oppa!"