Chapter 16

Dara rotated her shoulders to relieve its stiffness from leaning over her MacBook in her bed for what seemed like hours already, trying to get all the revisions sent to the proofreader. It's already close to midnight that she finally got it all done. Kwanghee'd better raise her salary for this. It feels like she was the one running the company while he melts in JoKwon's arms. She stood up to take a glass of milk but peeked at Haru's crib first to check on him. He was sound asleep. Probably tired from too much playing earlier. She strode out of the room and was surprised to find Becky in the living room turning off the TV.

"You're still awake?" Dara asked.

Becky grinned. "I'm about to sleep, Unnie."

"Good night," Dara said smiling. Becky sleeps in Haru's room since it already has a small bed beside the crib. She originally wanted to teach Haru that there's nothing to be scared off without his mama but it turns out she was the one who can't sleep without Haru in her line of vision so she decided to just teach Haru that when he's at least 10 years old. Until then, he will always sleep beside her.

She was about to go to the kitchen for her milk when her doorbell chimed. Her eyes met Becky wondering who will be ringing her doorbell at this time of night. Becky started to go to the door but Dara waved her off. "No, that's okay. I'll get it."

"But it might be someone dangerous," Becky said, her brows furrowed.

Dara rolled her eyes as she tried not to laugh. "That's why we have windows." She peered through the curtains and was surprised to find Kwanghee standing there. "It's Kwanghee."

She immediately opened the door and stopped when she saw Kwanghee's face. He looked like he just cried, his nose red and his eyes swollen. "What happened?"

Kwanghee let out a sob and he took a step to put his head at the crook of Dara's shoulders without a word. Becky silently slipped inside Haru's room leaving both of them alone. His silent sobs turned heart-wrenching and she put her arms around him for comfort on whatever misery he's feeling right now.

After letting him cry on her shoulders, she made him sit down while she brought him water. She sat down next to him. He had a miserable expression as his lower lip trembled.

"Don't tell me you and JoKwon had a fight again," Dara said with a sigh.

"It happened Dara," Kwanghee said sounding as if he wanted to cry again. "One of my father's enemy spotted us at the resort. They're also staying there and... JoKwon and i were messing around at the pool and... I saw them.... They saw us and then...." He sobbed again. "My father would know this tomorrow. The public would know. His career would be runied because of me. I hate myself!"

"Stop it," Dara reprimanded him.

"They were holding a camera and I don't know how long they were watching us!" He put his hands in his face as he sobbed. "I'm so stupid!"

"Stop it. It's not your fault," Dara said firmly.

"Why was I even born like this? I'm a disgrace! I'm a freak! I hurt my father and I hurt JoKwon. I blamed him and...." He sobbed even more now, his shoulders heaving.

"Stop blaming yourself for everything!"

"I'm useless! I'm stupid! It's my fault I'm gay!"

Dara pulled his hands away from his face and saw it tear-streaked. She should have been comforting him or telling him everything is alright. But she was too angry for the things he's saying. "There is nothing wrong with being gay. That's who you are! It's like you're saying being born is a fault! No! If you're useless, me and Haru would not be here. I would not be here. If you are stupid, then how come you are able to build Kmag from scratch?! I hate it when you're being like this! You know, I owe you my whole life! Even though you're so gay, you're real. And if your father can't accept you for being who you are, then he is stupid."