Chapter 8

He did what he had promised himself do. He had pursued Yoona ignoring her protests, reasons, or any excuses she is giving him. Sending flowers every chance he gets, asking her out on lunch and dinner. There were times she declined and there were times that she would just sigh and agree. Probably because he's becoming a pest. But he didn't care. He is holding on to the hope that she would see that they are meant to be together. She had gone out with him before so that means she had felt something for him. Granted it's already been a year but he hoped he could bring it back. Eveytime she tried to mention Dara, he would immediately change the subject. Dara is like an obstacle that they both need to pass on to get on with their lives. Yoona seems to be really adamant into thinking he would feel something for Dara. But it has already been close to a week and all he can see her is an annoyance.

Dara has been true to her word too. She had been pursuing him as much as he had been pursuing Yoona. Sometimes he wondered if Yoona found him annoying as much as he found Dara. But no, he assured himself. Dara is close to hounding him while he... well... he's courting Yoona. So there's really a big difference. And besides, Dara is always there at his unit every damn day. He keeps telling himself he would change his passcode but it keeps slipping from his mind and the time when he already remembered, Dara is already there sitting on his couch, in his kitchen, dining room, and worst of all, his room. She had practically wrestled him down when he refused to read the porposal she had written on a paper. Even went so far as threatening him that she would really move in with him which he threatened back that he will get a restraining order if she did.

Talking to her is so exhausting that in the end, he just lets her do whatever the hell she wants to save himself from further aggravation. He would just lock his bedroom door until he's ready to go to his office and would leave without so much as a glance at her. But she's so thick that it hasn't even deterred her. In fact, by her actions, it seems she's getting a lot more eager now to be in his presence. He had already told her to just get out of his life but it fell on deaf ears. He even begged his grandmoher to get Dara back to work so she can stop torturing his mind but did she listen? No. It seems like his grandmother became deaf too.

So it feels like christmas morning had come early after a week that Dara's vacation leave ended. He had received a message from her stating that her boss didn't approve to have her vacation extended, which he thanked the gods for. After showering, he found another message from her.

Let's have lunch together. And you know I'll drag you out by your hair if you refuse.

He deleted the message without responding and wondered how his family couldn't see the violence this girl is emitting. Whatever happened to wanting your grandson and your son to have a gentle lady with impecabble manners as a wife? They should be the one who's going against this relationship in the first place.

He received another message from her when he was already walking out of his unit.

Let's have dinner too. I'll pick you up.

He deleted it again and just as he was about to close the door, he smirked. Thank you, Psycho. He punched in his passcode and made the changes. Let's see how she would grin now.

Dara bit her lip as she checked her phone and seeing no messages at all. She put it inside her pocket again and sighed silently as she returned her fingers in typing in her keyboard. A week. A week has already passed and it feels like Donghae is getting farther and father away from her. The only hope she had that she could make Donghae fall for her again is being squashed down by her rising panic that she is losing him. She closed her eyes and shook her head to dispel it. No. That shouldn't be her thinking. As long as she had the will to fight, she would fight. She knows Donghae is getting annoyed with her and she might've been rushing it but the feeling of losing him is making her do things without her thinking it through first. He didn't even read her proposal. She left it all crumpled and practically ripped on his bedside table when she tried to force him into reading it. She didn't know if he read it yet. Or if he plan on reading it at all.