Chapter 10

After 2 years....

"This sports feature has already been done two months ago. This fashion tip is from last year. This Make Up Haul article doesn't even make sense." Dara dropped the stack of folders on the table as she looked around her staff while standing up. "What the hell is going on? Any other creative ideas that you can actually come up with other than recycling articles from previous entries?" None of her staff answered and she sat heavily on the chair. "We go in printing in two weeks time. If you can't submit a decent article to put on, then I suggest you go and look for other jobs." She gazed at them with her most piercing glare before dismissing the meeting. She leaned on her seat as she closed her eyes while massaging her head as she heard them talking in their hushed voices as they left.

"Why're you so cranky?" A voice said.

She opened her eyes and saw Kwang Hee, the owner and president of Kmag, a small magazine company she is currenly working at as an assistant editor located in Baguio City, Philippines. It has been a magazine that was focused mainly on giving updates on what's happening in Korea for all the Koreans residing in the Philippines and had later on ventured into a much more versatile magazine giving out news on sports, make up tips and cosmetics. It had been her idea to spread out the range of the magazine's demographics. When she arrived there, she was only a filing clerk until she suggested putting on an article for cosmetics. She had been around Filipinos who seems ecstatic with Korean make up and what better way to spread it than printing about it. She was the one who wrote the first article and she got promoted after that. From cosmetics, which had knew nothing about at first, to being assigned a sports article when a korean player joined a basketball team, to a Feature Article writer. Until she became the assistant editor.

Dara stood up. "We are near deadline. You should be the one screaming at me about it."

Kwang Hee leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. "Relax. I don't want people thinking I have a really crabby girlfriend. Think of my reputation of being soft and mellow."

Dara scowled at him. Yes, they have already been dating from the first year she started working at KMag. That's also probably one of the reasons why she got promoted really fast. But hey, she was good at what she does too so she really deserve the promotion.

Kwang Hee put his hands on her hip and pulled her a little closer. Dara tried not to laugh at his sour expression.

"You have no idea how much this is making me so icky," KwangHee whispered. "But my father has got spies in here somewhere."

He was gay too. And he was doing it for show since the conference is encased in glass where the staff can look over.

Dara put her arms around KwangHee's neck making KwangHee pop his eyes at her in warning. "Are you having dinner with Jo Kwon tonight?" Jo Kwon is already his boyfriend since she met him.

"Yeah," KwangHee whispered. "Finally. It's so hard when you think everyone is suspicious in reporting your sexuality to your dad hailed up in military." He scoffed.

"Relax," Dara said. "It's gonna be okay." Then grinning, she gave him a very quick peck. KwangHee immediately pushed her with a look of disgust on his face not caring if anyone would see. He put a hand on his lips while Dara laughed.

"Oh my god, I think I'm gonna puke!" KwangHee said acting like he would vomit. "How dare you corrupt my innocent lips!"

"Ya. My lips are more innocent than yours," Dara said.