Chapter 22

Donghae woke up with a headache that is splitting his skull in half even before he opened his eyes. He squinted before blinking painfully and saw the ceiling of his living room with the lights on. He grunted before closing his eyes again, his hand threading through his hair to massage the pain away. He only drank a couple of beers and he ended up in his sofa practically dead.

He managed to lift himself up with his eyes still closed and his brows furrowed. Damn, his head hurts so much. After several minutes of trying to get his equilibrium back in place, he opened his eyes and saw his table already cluttered with almost 8 cans of beers, some of them have already spilled and 2 of them still unopened. He sighed heavily as he remembered the reason why he had tried to drown himself into drunkeness.

He let his head fall back on the headrest ignoring the headache as his eyes stared on his ceiling light, feeling empty and void. He brushed his face with his hands and decided to just clean himself up and hit his bed. He'll clean this mess up later. Or will call one of his grandmother's helper and clean this up for him. Then he'll deal with what happens after. He can't think right now.

He strode listlessly towards his room and into his bathroom. He splashed cold water to wake his sleeping senses before wiping his face dry with the towel. His eyes are bloodshot, his hair a mess, and he looked like he hasn't slept in weeks. He started to unbutton his shirt when his doorbell sounded. He frowned pausing before checking his watch. It read 2:18 in the morning. What the.... He listened again thinking he might just be overhearing things. Then it chimed again.

Who the hell is ringing his doorbell at this time? Then he paused as a thought came to him. Dara? Could she have came back? Hurrying out of the bathroom, he went to his door not paying attention to the pain that seems to throb at the back of his head and saw to his dismay that it was not Dara standing outside through the videophone. Brows furrowing even deeper, he wondered what he could possibly want with him. He sighed heavily before sluggishly pressing the button to open his door.

Hwang Kwang-hee stood outside with a wide smile on his face wearing close to formal clothes. Donghae couldn't even return his smile and asked rudely, "What do you want?"

Kwang-hee's smile faded a little. "Wow, good morning. You look terrible."

Donghae blinked at him with his brows still drew together. Is he here to gloat?

"Can we talk?" Kwang-hee asked.

Donghae closed his eye in exhaustion before looking at him again drily. "Have you realized what time it is?"

"Of course," Kwang-hee answered. "But I think this is the only time I got before the flight."

Donghae's jaw clenched as he was reminded of them leaving. Should he slam the door in his face?

"This is about Dara," Kwang-hee said immediately probably guessing what Donghae was planning to do.

After a minute of indecision, Donghae opened the door wider and gestured for him to enter.

"Thaaank you," Kwang-hee said and it irritated Donghae how cheerful and bright he sounds. Maybe he should punch him just to wipe that off his face. It's probably cruel of him but it would make him feel better.

Kwang-hee looked at the cluttered cans of beers on the table in the middle of the living room. "I can literally see the misery in here."

Donghae rolled his tongue inside his cheek as he glared at his back. He's really close to punching him for that mockery. He strode in front of him. "Say what you want and get out."

Kwang-hee looked at his seething expression with amusement on his face. "Aish. How am I even gonna start," he muttered then looked at Donghae again. "I love Dara. With all my heart, I love her."