Chapter 21

Donghae knew she was gone even before he opened his eyes. He could see the light spilling out from the window through the curtains. He slowly turned to his other side and confirmed that Dara is already gone, the side of the bed rumpled, her scent the only thing she had left behind. He closed his eyes again as he breathed in trying to dismiss the undefinable gloom that had fell on him. He doesn't want to be bothered by the fact that Dara left, probably at the first light, without even a word. Or anything at all.

What happened last night—or earlier—was beautiful. He had never expected to feel so unabridged. So intact that he felt like he couldn't ask for anything more. Making love to her makes him feel like he was coming home. And being welcomed to it. And a feeling like everything finally made sense. He opened his eyes and sat up, his hair rumpled, the blanket draped over his hips. He didn't move for a second as he stared at nothing, just thinking. And one thing he's definite of.

No, he couldn't let her go. He wouldn't let her go.

So much has already happened for them to just give up on each other. He doesn't believe that she hated him. After her uninhibited response to him last night, her kisses, her touches... that is not the kind of response you give to someone you don't want in your life. He's definite that there's still something in Dara for him that she would let him make love to her. At least that's what he's hoping for. He fell back on the bed as he stared at the white ceiling of his room, the damn emotions hitting him so hard he felt like he would burst.

"Dammit," he said loudly. "I love you. I don't know why but I do. So just..." he let out a big sigh as he realized he looks an idiot talking to no one. "...come back to me," he ended his plea in a whisper.

His plea might have missed being delivered to Dara as she has not responded to any of his calls or his messages that morning as he paced back and forth restlessly in his unit while holding his phone. The sky has already turned bright and sunny after last night's rainfall but it feels like there's still a dark cloud hovering above his head. She was not in Kmag either when he dropped by after lunch, acting casual only to be informed that Dara has not been in so he left while wondering where she is.

She's avoiding you, idiot. His mind said sarcastically but he shut if down in his mind. If she's avoiding him, she can't do it forever. Should he go to Busan? No, that probably wouldn't be a good idea if she's avoiding him and he suddenly dropped by out of the blue. Dammit, he doesn't know what to think anymore.

He went to his grandmother's house and Chaerin told him that Dara called her and said that she wouldn't be able to get Haru in Seoul because she got home really late. Donghae just bit the inside of his cheek but didn't say anything. Dara called Chaerin and she didn't even responded to his text messages. He tried not to be too bothered by it. Maybe she needs time to think.

But it's making him go crazy. He sat down on the sofa while he tuned out Chaerin babbling on the plush couch near the glass window while he looked at his phone. After a minute of indecision, he finally dialled Dara's number for the nth time and placed the phone in his ear. He listened to it ringing as his heart is thrumming over what he would actually say if she answered. He let out a sigh of disappointment when it went to voicemail and he pressed the end button.

He heard Chaerin snorting and he turned to her with a wry look. She had an amused expression on her face as she watched him looking morose while holding his phone. "Yeah, she hates you," she said with a laugh.

"Shut up." He didn't know if Chaerin had overheard they way Dara told him off that day in the kitchen but maybe she was eavesdropping, the little twit. He just let out a heavy sigh and decided to just go to any of the guy's place to hang out and get himself distracted.