A Thought (#5)

late nights are completely different, depending on which day you choose to stay up. sometimes, 4am is when you stare at the ceiling and think about your life, and how you want to explore new places. 4am is a wonder filled dreamland where you're half awake, and these different ideas and thoughts come into your head that don't make sense. suddenly you've got poems and such complex thoughts that you won't ever tell anyone about, and the world is revealed to you through a book you had to use a flashlight to read. 4am is when you think about the beauty of nature, the pretty sky you saw the other day, and when you figure out painting concepts and art installations. those are my favorite kind of late nights.

darker nights do exist though, i'm afraid. there are nights when your heart is beating loud and your breaths aren't at all even and you sit there, staring at the ceiling again, filled with fear. sometimes dread, too. things will flood into your mind and they aren't all that pretty but you don't know how to make it stop and before you realize it, you've swum too far from shore and the water has pulled you to dangerous rocks where no help will ever find you and there are sharks circling you now, no boats will find your dead body now, nothing will ever be the same now. your eyes are closing because you want to forget about what you're thinking, maybe find an escape in your dreams, but sleep will not come to you until the goddamn birds are chirping because things will still run in your head even after you close your eyes.