Chapter 11

It's been a month since I took James back and we got the news about how mum and dad won't survive this.

I've been avoiding Ryder everywhere. For some reason I can't bring myself to talk to him. Or to tell him about the mate thing. I know he'll find out eventually but I don't want to put myself on the line. So I don't plan on telling him.

Mum and dad have been getting worse as expected. They are losing a lot of weight but they manage to keep their spirits up. I think it's mostly for my benefit though. James helps a lot. He's really good at comforting me when I'm sad about my parents.

"Kara you're spacing out again." I hear James say. I look up from my morning coffee.

"Sorry. Just thinking." I tell him, smiling then taking a sip of my coffee.

"Can I ask what you're thinking about?" James asks me, laying his arm on the back of my chair.

"Just about the last couple month. Nothing specific" I say, shrugging.

I see him nod out of the corner of my eye. I finish my coffee and lean over and rest my head on James' shoulder.

"Come one lets go watch a movie in your room." James suggests, pressing a kiss to my temple.

I smile, nod and follow him up the stairs.

We reach my room and make ourselves comfortable on the couch.

James puts on a movie. I couldn't tell you what it is because I wasn't watching the movie. Instead I'm tracing the tattoos on James' arm with the tip of my finger.

The tattoo cover his entire arm. It's not a single design but many that form a sleeve. The different design seem to form one strange image but I can't decide what it is.

(A/N Tattoo above)

"Do you like it?" James asks, looking down at his tattoo.

I nod so I don't offend him but the truth is I don't really know how I feel about the tattoo.

"When did you get it? I don't remember if you had it when I was last here." I tell him.

"I got it not long after you left." He says, shrugging then turning back to the movie.

I nod then continue tracing the patterns on his arm.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door.

"I'll get it." I say then stand up and walk over to the door. I open the door and see Elliot, Connor and Claudia.

"Hey guys. Come one in. James and I are just watching a movie. You're welcome to join." I say, moving out of the way of the doorway and wait for them all to come inside.

They walk in and I shut the door behind them.

James looks up and sees me friends and rolls his eyes. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion but choose to ignore it.

The others come and sit down and I take my spot beside James again. There's silence since everyone's watching the movie.

Since I missed all of the beginning of it I decide not to watch it and instead pull out my phone. I pick a book on Wattpad and settle down reading it.

The movie finishes and we sit there in silence for a little while.

"How're your parents Kara?" Elliot asks me. These three have been to visit them a couple times but always ask me how they're doing.

"Keeping their spirits up but they've both lost another 5kgs in the last week. So it's not looking good." I say, running my hands over my face.

The others nod in understanding. They visit my parents with me every second weekend.

"We should go. Connor and I have some homework to do and Claudia promised she would help." Elliot says, standing up.

The others follow suit.

"Bye." They call out as they're walking out.

"Bye." I call back.

"Thank god." I hear James say. I look at him confused.

"They always come and interrupt the time we spend together. We barely ever get time alone." He says.

"What are you talking about? We're always spending time together. It's Claudia, Connor and Elliot that I barely ever spend time with." I tell him, turning to face him completely.

"What ever. I have to go. I'm meeting up with the guys." James says, standing up.

"Okay. Text me when you get back." I tell him, smiling up at him. He nods and pecks my lips then walks out the door, closing it behind him.

I sigh and grab my homework then decide to go visit my parents. I take my homework with me and settle at the desk in their room and get straight on to my homework since they're asleep.

"Kara?" I hear a male voice say. I look over at the door and my breath catches in my throat.

I manage to compose myself enough to say one word that I wish I didn't have to say right now.

"Ryder." I say, standing up.

We stand in silence for a couple of minutes.

"Please sit." I say, gesturing to the chair near me. He doesn't say anything but takes my advise and sits down on the seat.

Another moment of silence.

"You've been avoiding me." He says bluntly.

I don't say anything and look down at the clasped hands.

"What did I do?" He asks.

"You didn't do anything." I say, sighing.

"I must have done something. I mean you've been avoiding me. Every time I see you, you walk in the opposite direction. We haven't spoken a word to each other since the night we were in the library." He says, sounding annoyed.

"You didn't. I've just been busy." I say quickly.

"You didn't have to take anytime out of your schedule. Just saying hi. Five seconds tops." He says, looking me in the eye.

I sigh.

"Look I'm really busy with homework right now. We'll talk about this another time." I say, turning back to my homework.

"Fine." Ryder says in a tired voice. I hear him stand up and leave. When I hear the door shut behind him I put my hands over my face and let out a groan.

What have I done?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Hey guys. If you see italics just a heads up that that's what the character is thinking. I'm thinking of changing P.O.V's so it would help if you could recommend a character you would like to be in the point of view of. Vote and comment. Thanks x