Chapter 27

Kara's P.O.V
I get through a few of the first journal entries which are all straight after my father took over being alpha of the pack.

None of the entries are about my mother which didn't surprise me because they told me that they met when my father was already the alpha.

I eventually close the journal and decide to read a few more later. I look up at the clear blue sky and close my eyes for a second. To just focus on the silence around me when the whole world around me feels like it has shifted around me. I open my eyes and find the forest of the moon.

It looks the same as it did when I was here last and like last time I'm dressed in a long white gown but this time it has thinner straps and is covered in lace.

My hair is once again in perfect ringlets but this time has what feels like a headband covered in metal flowers on it and it's gold.

I carefully stand up since I was sitting on the ground. I look around and find that I'm alone.

"Welcome back." I hear a familiar sing song voice say.

I turn around to find the moon goddess walking towards me.

She's also wearing a long white lace dress but hers has a long lace train that follows softly behind her.

She looks the same as last time with the same silver tiara perched on her head.

"I am. But why?" I ask her.

"Because you have just learnt something that changes your entire future. I'm here to find out where you plan on going from here." She says, leading me away from where we are standing.

"About Travis? What will that change?" I ask her.

"A lot. He proposed to you."

"Was I found to end up with him if I didn't get the truth?"

"I cannot say. All there is to worry about is what is going to happen now." She says. We sit down on a seat hanging from a tree. The same on we sat on last time.

"Well I'm getting coronated soon and the I'll see what happens." I say, shrugging lightly.

"I was meaning more towards your relationship with Ryder." She says, turning around to look at me.

"I know I need to sort that out since we both screamed at each other earlier but now I'm afraid that I don't know what to say." I say, sighing.

"Perhaps the place to start is an apology."

"Yes you're right. I owe him more then one apology in fact."

"Perhaps but one is a good place to start."

"I will apologise. I just need to find the right time to do it."

"I don't think it's the apology that you are truly afraid of. I think it's the part where you want to tell him that you want to be more then just friends."

"Yes that does scare me because I've screwed things up with him over and over again. How can I expect him to want a relationship with me if I have made his life hell."

"Tell him everything. Tell him that you have felt this for a long time. That you were afraid. But that you're not any more."

"How? Or more importantly? When is the right time to tell someone ,that you essentially ditched twice, that you want to be with them?"

"There is no right or wrong time. There is only here and now. You have left this conversation with him too long. You have avoided it since our first talk. You have to stop putting it off child. There's no time like the present."

"You're right. I need to find him and talk to him. Tell him I was wrong about, well, everything."

"Good. It seems then that it is time for you to return. But before you go there is one last thing." She says.

"What is it?"

"I want you to remember something."

"What?"

"Sometimes what you're looking for is right in front of your eyes." She says, smiling to herself.

I furrow my eyebrows but feel my eyes drift closed. When I open them again I'm back in front of my parents graves with the journal on my lap.

I get up and head back to the house and find Claudia, Elliot and Connor standing at the back door.

"We were looking for you." Connor says.

We walk inside and sit on the couches in the lounge.

"Guess you guys heard about Travis." I say, leaning back.

"We did. Are you okay?" Claudia asks.

"I'm surprisingly okay actually. I mean Travis isn't a bad guy no matter what he did. And I got an old friend back." I say, shrugging.

"You sure you're okay about this?" Elliot asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'm very sure. I mean I'm a little annoyed at his dad but not at him. I actually invited him to join the pack if he needs to get away from his dad." I tell them.

"Yes we heard about that. Is that a good idea?" Connor asks.

"Yes. He did what he was told to and then stopped when he realised what he was doing was wrong." I say.

"I'm actually with you. Besides he wasn't exactly a bad guy." Claudia says, nodding her head.

"Yea that's true." Elliot says.

"Yea I guess you're right." Connor admits.

"But thank you guys for checking on me." I say, smiling at them.

"We'll always check on you Kara. I speak for all of us when I say that you mean a lot to us and we want to make sure you're okay." Claudia says.

Connor and Elliot nod in agreement.

"I know and you guys mean a lot to me too. You're my family." I say.

"Awwww." They all say in unison. They then all wrap their arms around each other and me so that it's one group hug.

"Well despite the very sweet group hug but there's actually something I really need to do so I'm going to have to love you and leave you." I say, standing up and somehow managing to slip our of the group hug. They all pout which makes me laugh.

"I'll see you guys later." I say then head out of the room.

I get to work on finding Ryder and end up not being able to find him anywhere of the first floor so I then head up to his room and knock on his door quietly.

It takes a few seconds and I can hear shuffling feet on the other side of the door then it opens to reveal Ryder.

"Hi. I was hoping we could talk." I say.

He nods and steps out of the way so I can walk inside.

Ryder sits down on the end of his bed and I perch myself on the edge of the arm chair in the corner of the room.

"Well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. Another update finally up! And Kara is finally going to talk to Ryder! Took her long enough. Am I right?! Tell me what you think of this chapter or of where you think things are heading from here. I'd love to hear from any of you. Vote and comment. Thanks x