Chapter 23

Kara's P.O.V

I've been going back and forth for the past few days trying to figure out whether to tell the others or not.

"Kara are you okay? You're spacing out again." Elliot asks. We're all sitting at the lunch table.

"I'm okay." I say, sending him a smile and nodding.

"I'm not so sure. You've been doing that everyday since the funeral. Maybe you're not ready to be back a school. No one will mind if you take a week off then come back." Claudia pitches in.

"No honestly I'm fine. Just a little distracted. I'll be fine, just need to stay out of my head." I say, shaking my head.

"Alright. But you know we're all here for you." Connor says, grinning with apple in his mouth.

"Yea yea, close your mouth." I say, shoving him.

All he does is grin.

I shake my head.

"So tomorrow is the weekend. What are we going to do?" Claudia asks.

"Nothing. Or homework. Exams aren't far away. Must we do something?" Ryder asks, picking up his apple and taking a bite.

"We have to at least have a movie night. We need to spend more time together." She insists.

"We already live in the same house. How is that not enough?" Connor asks.

"Come on guys." She begs.

"Alright fine. But you are not picking the movie. Last time that happened we only watched chick flicks for an entire night." Elliot says.

"Oh come on those were good movies. Right Kara?" She asks, turning to look at me.

"I do agree they were great movies. But I think it is their turn though." I say, shrugging.

"You just say that because you love action movies as well." She says frowning.

"Maybe a little." I say smiling innocently at her.

Soon enough it's Saturday morning and we're making plans for the movie night.

"We'll pick out the movies and Claudia you said you'd go to the supermarket to get the food." Connor says.

"Yep I am. Kara you up for coming?" Claudia asks me.

"I can't. I actually have something to do. I'll catch up with you guys soon." I say, standing up and heading towards the back door.

It's been a week so where I'm really going is to find the mysterious man and find out what he wants to tell me. The only thing is that I haven't told anyone about him. And I don't plan on telling anyone until I know who he is and why he wants to talk to me.

So here I am alone, walking back to my parents graves.

I've been visiting every day since the funeral but this time the silence of the graveyard ahead of me seems eerily rather then calming. I stand in front of the graves since the clearing is empty. I stare at the gravestones letting my mind wander until I hear movement behind me.

I quickly turn around and there standing a few metres in front of me is the same man I saw a week ago. Only this time I can see him clearly.

He has a strong, chiselled face with piercing blue/grey eyes and stubble sprawled across his jaw. He's a lot taller then me with broad shoulders and a broad chest. All of this kind of adds up to a physically imposing man but something about him almost seems soft and kind.

"Who are you?" I ask him, stepping a little closer.

This time he doesn't move, just watches my movements.