Chapter 14

Kara's P.O.V

I stare at Ryder's back as he walks away.

You should have gone with him. In fact run after him now and beg to be with mate. Aria says.

"We already have a mate." I tell her, swinging lightly.

I like Axis. You like Ryder. Go with Ryder. She begs. Which is rare because she's a very tough wolf.

"I'm with James. I care about James." I tell her, a little annoyed.

I don't like Levi as much as I like Axis. She huffs back.

(A/N I haven't told you guys yet but Levi is James' wolf)

"Well I like James and we've been together for a while now. He's a good guy." I tell her sternly.

Ryder and Axis are better. She insists.

"I'm with James. End of conversation." I say then shut off the conversation.

"Hey. What are you doing out here all alone?" I hear a familiar voice ask. I almost hope it's James but I know it's not.

"Hey Ellie." Is all I say back.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Nothing I'm okay." I say on instinct.

"Don't try and pull that one. I know you're not. Plus I saw Ryder storming off looking very annoyed." He says, sitting on the swing beside me. Yes it's that big of a swing.

"We talked and got annoyed and he stormed off." I say, shrugging.

"I think there was more to it then that. He found out didn't he?" Elliot asks.

I sigh. "Yea he did."

"Told you this would happen." He says.

"I remember." I say.

"So what are you going to do now?" He asks me.

"Nothing. I'm going to continue living my life like I have been for the past couple months." I say, looking at him.

"You're going to pretend like that whole argument didn't happen?!" Elliot says in disbelief.

"Yes." I say, shrugging.

"That's not rational at all." He says.

"Not everything I do has to be rational." I tell him.

"But this should. This isn't something small." He says, grabbing my hands so I look at him.

"It's my choice Elliot." I remind him.

"I know it's your choice." He says.

"Then why is everyone trying to push me in the direction they want me to go?" I demand.

"No one is trying to push you. We're trying to look out for you." He reasons.

"What is so wrong with James?!" I ask him, huffing in annoyance.

"He hurt you. You might be able to look past that but the people that care about you can't. We can't ignore how he hurt you. How long it took you to come completely out of your shell. We could all see the hurt that you so desperately wanted to hide." He tells me, looking me in the eye.