Chapter 24

Carlene's P.O.V

(A/N Carlene is the mate of Kara's father's beta)

"So he's going to stay with us until after the coronation." Kara finishes explaining who Travis is and why he's here.

"Well Travis, it's nice to see you again. Can't say I recognised you." Oliver says, stepping forward and shaking Travis' hand.

"No, it's been a while. I look quite different." He says, sending Oliver a small smile.

"Welcome to our pack." I say, stepping forward and shaking Travis' hand as soon as he lets go of my mate's.

"Thank you." He says kindly.

I give him a friendly smile.

"Travis these are my friends. This is Connor, Elliot, Claudia and Ryder." Kara says, pointing to each in turn.

"Nice to meet you." Travis says.

"You too." They all say except for Ryder who is eyeing Travis suspiciously.

"Well Travis you already know your way around so how about we go and have that movie day we were talking about." Kara suggests. They all nod in agreement including Travis.

With that they all head off to have their movie day while Oliver and I stay where we are.

"Didn't think we'd see any of the Robertson's again. Especially not after ten years and their sudden disappearance." Oliver says

"No neither did I. Why did they leave again?" I ask him and we wander towards the kitchen.

"I'm not sure. Tyler didn't tell me." He says, frowning a little.

We reach the kitchen and sit down at the dining room table.

"No Karren didn't tell me either. In fact when they disappeared, I don't think Karren ever talked about them again." I say, thinking about it.

"That's strange. Tyler was just the same. What could have happened?" He asks.

"Only one way to find out. We could look into it." I suggest.

"Is that really the best idea? Kara is happy. Shouldn't we just leave it?" He asks apprehensively.

"We need to make sure Kara's safe. We don't have to tell her unless we find something bad." I tell him.

"Okay let's do it. You go look through the files in the alpha's office. I'll go ask around. Probably talk to the elders." Oliver says, nodding his head.

I agree and we head our separate ways. I go up to the office and start looking through one of the many filing cabinets to the side of the desk.

I find the draw labelled pack transfers and look for any mention of the Robertson family. Nothing.

I then look through the file of old pack members and still come up with nothing. My last attempt at finding something is in the Alpha's of other packs.

That's when I find a small mention of them saying they're related to the old Alpha of the Hunter's Night pack. Travis has since become the Alpha of the pack since he was the closes blood relation that could take over since Travis' uncle didn't have any children.

Still nothing about why they left this pack.

I sigh and give up since there's obviously no record of why they left.

I head back to the room I share with my mate and wait for him to come back. I read to pass the time but my mind keeps going back to why people so close to the Alpha and Luna would just up and disappear.