Chapter 18

Ryder's P.O.V

A week later

Kara left me alone to make my choice like I asked her to and I've been thinking about it everyday. The school holidays are coming up so I figured it's time to make my decision. I pace around my room and check my watch. It's 1 in the afternoon on a Saturday so there's not really anywhere else to be. I take a deep breath and head out the door of my room.

I've made my decision. I head up to the third floor and walk along until I reach the room that I remember from the tour as being mentioned as her room. I knock and hear silence. I wait a little then knock again. Still nothing. I sigh and turn to head back to my room.

"She's out in the woods in a clearing that's at the end of a path that is near the house. I can show you where it is." I hear someone say. I turn around and see Claudia.

"Oh thanks." I say, shooting her a smile. She leads the way and I follow her downstairs. We walk outside and to the edge of the woods. We walk a little further in. I see the path and she stops walking so I stop too.

"Just follow that path and you'll find her." She says.

"Thanks." I tell her. She nods then heads back to the house.

I follow the path and find a clearing full of flowers and bright green grass. Just as Claudia told me I can see Kara. She's sitting a little to the side of the clearing with what looks like a drawing pad on her lap and a pencil in her hand.

l walk a little further into the clearing. Kara turns and looks at me then turns back to her drawing pad.

"Hello." Is all she says.

"Hi. Can I come sit?" I ask her. She nods and I walk over and sit beside her.

I glance over at the drawing she's working on. I stop and stare. It's beautiful. It's a pencil drawing of two flowers. Tulips I think. Obviously drawn by the flower in front of her.

"You're very talented." I say to break the silence.

"Thank you. That's sweet." She says, turning and smiling at me then turning back to her drawing.

There's silence and Kara continues drawing.

"I'm guessing you're not here to watch me draw." She says after the silence has lasted a good five minutes.

"No." I say, clearing my throat a little.

"What's up?" She asks me.

"Um." I say, trying to find the right words. "I have made my decision."

She stops drawing and slowly puts her pad down and turns to look at me.

"Should I be scared with how formal that sounded?" She asks me. This makes me laugh a little and she laughs to before sobering up.

"No. I just um. Can't find the right words for it." I say, stumbling over my words a little.

"Uh well I can give you a little advice in this. Just go right out and say this or the tension will eat us both alive." She says, crossing her arms.

"Okay. Okay." I say, attempting to collect my thoughts.

She sits there patiently waiting for me to form a sentence.

"I umm." I say.

"Oh god please say it." She begs, putting her hands on either side of her face.

"I want to try this. The friends thing." I finally manage to say.

Kara is motionless for a second then her lips form a smile.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yes. You're right. We don't have to dive into a relationship but I want to go back to the time when I sat with you guys. And I'll be honest with you. I miss you." I say.

She sighs in what sounds like relief.

"Okay. I would love that." She says, continuing to smile.

"Let's start now. I'm going to go and grab a book and we can sit here for a while." I suggest, standing up.

"Okay. Sounds nice." She says, smiling up at me.

"I'll be right back." I say to her. She nods and I turn and walk away.

I head back to the house and walk up to my room to grab my book. I pick it up off the nightstand and make my way back downstairs.

"Oh hey Ryder. You're back." I hear a voice say. I turn around and see Claudia standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Oh yea I am. Only for a second though. I'm heading off again." I say, nodding.

"Uh. Is everything going okay? Have to talked it out? Sorry I must sound so nosey." She says rather fast.

"No it's okay. And yes we have talked it out. Everything is fine." I tell her.

"Oh good. Does that mean you'll come and sit with us again? The guys miss you and so does Kara." She tells me, smiling.

"Yes I think so." I tell her.

She grins at this.

"Well I should go back. I'll see you soon." I tell her, sending her a smile then heading outside and heading back to the woods. I follow the path back to the clearing.

I go into the clearing and sit down beside Kara again. She turns and smiles then continues sketching.

We sit like this for what feels like an hour before Kara stops sketching.

"What's up?" I ask her, bookmarking my page and turning to look at her.

"Oh I just finished my picture." She says, smiling at me.

"Oh. Can I see?" I ask her. She nods and hands me the pad. I place my book down and take it from her.

I look down at the pad and look at her finished picture.

"Wow. This is beautiful. You have a gift." I say, smiling and looking at her.

"Thanks. That's sweet. I like drawing." She says, blushing a little.

"I didn't know that. I probably don't know quite a few things about you. How about we play twenty questions to get to know each other." I suggest.

"Sounds good. You start." She says.

"Okay well I'll go with the obvious. What are you hobbies?" I ask her.

"Well obviously drawing. I also like photography and I love music. I also like reading. What's your favourite band?" She asks me.

"I like Imagine Dragons. Favourite colour?"

"Blue. Favourite sport?"

The rest of the day was spent like this until we decided to go back to the house for dinner since it was getting dark. I realised that it's the most I've smiled in a while. Being with Kara makes me feel so much happier.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hey guys. Another chapter done. I would really love some input into where this story should go and who's P.O.V the next chapter should be in. Also I take no credit for the drawing. Credit goes to the amazing artist. Comment and vote. Thanks xxx