Chapter 29

Kara's P.O.V

(Her P.O.V of them getting together)

"Well?" He asks, sounding impatient.

"There's a lot of things I need to say to you but there's something I need to say first before anything else." I say quickly.

"Which is?" He asks impatiently.

"I'm sorry." I say in a soft voice.

He looks up from his hands and stares at me.

"What?" He asks.

"I'm sorry. For, well, everything. Everything I've done in the last few months. For choosing James over you. And not listening to you about Travis. Because really you were right about everything and I was insane not to listen to you. So yea. I'm sorry." I say and sigh.

He sits there saying nothing for a few minutes.

"What made you say all of this? Why now?"

I bite my lip and decide to tell him a little bit about the conversation with the moon goddess.

"I had an interesting conversation with someone who made me see that everything I thought about you and James and Travis, was wrong."

"So what exactly does this mean?"

"It means that I like you. A lot. More then I can fathom. In fact. I think I can sum it up."

"How's that." He asks, folding his arms.

"I love you. I love you Ryder. I have for a while now. I didn't truly know it until now. But now that I do I'll tell you over and over again. Even if you don't feel the same. I'll scream it at you if you shut me out. I can't live any longer with you not knowing how I feel." I say, leaning forward a little.

"So you say you're in love with me. How do I know you're not lying?"

"You can ask the moon goddess herself if you have to because I'm not lying. I was lying. I was lying to myself, and to you, about how I really felt. But I'm done with that."

"And all of this means what?"

"It means that I want to be with you. Forever. I want to wake up with you beside me and fall asleep wrapped in your arms. I want to see you smile and laugh because I said something stupid. Or narrow your eyes at me because I made fun of you. I want all of it." I say, looking him in the eye.

His eyes widen.

"I don't care how long it takes. I'll make all of this up to you. If you let me." I say, my voice lowering.

I hear him let out a breath.

"Kara. I do want to be with you but I need to know that you're sure about this." He says, resting his elbows on his thighs.

I stand up from my chair and kneel in front of him so our heads are level. I slowly put a hand on either side of his face.

"I'm sure. I'm so sure." I say, smiling and stroking his cheek with my thumb.

He lightly wraps his hands around my wrists and smiles back at me.

"Alright then. Let's do this. Let's be together." He says, nodding.

My small smile slowly grows into a grin. I almost want to laugh at how happy I am.

"Really?" I ask. Making sure the my ears aren't deceiving me.

"Really." He says then lets go of my wrists and instead takes my face between his hands much like what I'm doing.

He pulls me in and our lips meet. Tingles spread from where our lips have met all the way down to my toes.