Chapter 2

Lynnon and I, being the true 90's babies that we are, were jamming to the 90's playlist on my phone when "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls comes on and we both go crazy. I'm pretty sure dancing like a chicken with its head cut off while driving is extremely dangerous, but it's the Spice Girls. We pull up to a red light just as the second verse begins and when I look over at Lynnon I can see the couple in the car next to us watching.

Still singing, I nudge Lynnon's shoulder and nod my head towards the window. She turns her head and immediately I see the smirk form on her lips. Lynnon rolls the window down and I can't control my laughter when I realize what she is about to do.

"Say you can handle my love, are you for real? I won't be hasty, I'll give you a try. If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye." Lynnon leans out the window and is gesturing to the couple. I'm doubled over in laughter because they look so disgruntled, but at the same time they can't look away. "Yooo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want!"

"So, tell me what you want, what you really, really want!" I pop up from behind her and sing.

"I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I really really really wanna zig-a-zig ah," Lynnon throws her head back and puts her hands in the air as I take off once the light turns green.

"If you wannabe my lover, you gotta get with my friends. Make it last forever, friendship never ends. If you wannabe my lover, you have got to give. Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is," we both continue to sing at the top of our lungs through our laughter.

I notice the music is slowly fading out and I know that someone is trying to call me. I take glances at my phone as I wait to see who it is.

"Sooo, here's the story from–what the hell?" Lynnon finally notices that the music has stopped playing and sits back down in her seat. We both look down at my phone once it starts ringing and I roll my eyes at the name that pops up on my screen. I quickly hit the ignore button and I can see Lynnon staring at me quizzically as she reaches forward to turn the music down once it starts playing again. "Why'd you ignore Brandon's call?"

"Because he's being annoying right now and I don't feel like dealing with it," I say as I keep my eyes trained on the road.

"What he is doing?"

"He's in his feelings because I won't go to some art show with him tonight," I say as I push my hair out of my face.

"Tori," Lynnon say dejectedly and I roll my eyes because I already know what she's going to say. "You should spend time with him."

"I do spend time with him, Lyn. He literally sees me all the time," I say as I glance over at her. "I told him like two weeks ago that you were coming back today and that I planned to spend tonight with you. He told me about the art show last night."

"I understand where you're coming from, TK, I really do, but he's your boyfriend," she chuckles lightly, "and I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

"Okay and he'll still be my boyfriend tomorrow. This is your first night home, Lynnon. I'm spending tonight with you," I say as I pull into her parent's driveway. I look over at Lynnon to find her smiling at me and I smile back. My heart decides the do that fluttering thing again, so I quickly break eye contact and get out of the car.

I know it seem like I'm choosing Lynnon over my boyfriend and that I don't care that I am, and well, it's because I don't. I love Brandon. I've been with him for almost two years, but he always becomes super needy and clingy whenever Lynnon is in town and I hate dealing with it. I just want one night to hang out with my best friend and our families, that's all.