Chapter 31

Tori's POV

Right now, I'm hanging out with Andrew because I was bored and he was struggling with editing some video footage, so we decided to save each other and now we're walking up to the entrance of a Starbucks. I'm a bit shocked when I walk through the doors and Lynnon is walking towards me because I obviously didn't expect to run into her.

She finally looks up and that toothy grin of hers takes over her face when she sees me. "Hey you."

I wave at her as I let my eyes subtly check her out. She's all dressed up in a flowy, white blouse that drapes down off of her shoulders perfectly with the sleeves messily rolled up to her elbows and her black, skinny jeans are hugging her legs that are being accentuated by the pair of black heels she's wearing. I haven't seen Lynnon in a pair of heels since the Grammy's and she should definitely wear them more often.

I lock eyes with her again just as we're arm's length away from each other and we both don't even think twice about wrapping each other up in a sweet embrace.

"Hi," I whisper near her ear and I feel her arms hold me a little tighter. The hug last a few seconds longer than a normal hug should and I slowly peel myself away from her. "You look really pretty. What's the occasion?"

"Oh, thank you." Lynnon shyly smiles as she glances down at her outfit, "My mom volunteered me to come talk to one of her classes today, and then thirty minutes before I'm supposed to be there she bugs me to stop and get her a Vanilla Bean Frappe with extra caramel."

I giggle at Lynnon's annoyed expression and that definitely sounds like something Aunt Gwen would do. She and Andrew share some awkward eye contact and I mentally slap myself for being rude.

"Lyn, this is Andrew Rose. He was my videographer and photographer on tour." I glance over at Lynnon because I don't know how to introduce her. She's not my girlfriend anymore, and of course she's still my best friend, she'll always be my best friend, but things are a little bit more complicated than that between us right now.

"Um, this is...this is Lynnon." My eyes dart between the both of them because I remember how it went the last time I introduced Lynnon to someone.

Lynnon shoots me a knowing glance before reaching her hand out for Andrew to shake, "Yeah, it's nice to meet you. I've seen some of your work, you've got a great eye."

"Thank you," a bright smile spreads across Andrew's face, "You're into photography too right?"

Lynnon returns the smile, "Yeah, I'm a photojournalist."

"Oh, man, that's awesome! So, do you do a lot of traveling?"

"Not so much anymore since the publication I work for is local, but when I lived over in Italy I did."

I instantly feel relief while watching the two of them get along like this because the last thing I need or want is another Donald situation.

"You two aren't going to start geeking out over cameras now are you," I ask, interrupting their bonding moment.

Lynnon playfully rolls her eyes at me as a small grin graces her lips and we share a lingering stare. "So...you're still coming tonight right? Are you prepared to get your ass whooped by the master of Mortal Kombat?"

"The master," I ask, folding my arms in front of my chest and quirking my eyebrow.

"Shall we consult my record?"

"Whatever, Lyn, you've lost like a good ten times."

"But, were any of those time to you," she asks, tilting her head to the side as she raises her eyebrows cockily.