Chapter 13

Lynnon's POV

It's Christmas! Well, actually there's exactly seven days until its Christmas, but that's not the point. Not only is it the time that we get to celebrate Jesus' birth, but there's the songs, the decorations, and the food. In my family, Christmas dinner is just a repeat of the feast we had a month prior for Thanksgiving, and any holiday where I get to have my mom's macaroni and cheese is a great holiday to me.

I just got home from some light Christmas shopping and now I'm watching the cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas as I wait for Tori to call me back. I watch this movie, A Christmas Story, and Home Alone 1&2 on a loop the whole holiday season without fail. My eyes light up when the Mr. Grinch song comes on because it has to be the most savage roast song ever made.

I hear someone knock on my door, so I pause the movie before getting up to see who it is. "Who is it," I shout as I walk towards the door.

"It's me...Tori."

I chuckle under my breath as I open the door because she acts like I wouldn't be able to recognize her voice. I lock my gaze on a very adorable, cheesing Tori with her dimple on full display. She has on a simple grey t shirt and jeans with her favorite floral snapback, which I'm confident she wore on purpose because she knows how much I love it when she wears hats.

"Hi, babe," she greets excitedly.

"Hi, love." I pull Tori into a tight hug before grabbing her hand to pull her inside and I give her a tender kiss once the door is closed.

"Mmm, give me another one," Tori demands with her eyes still closed, puckering her lips again. I giggle as I lean in to give her another kiss and she steals an extra one before pulling away.

I take hold of her hand, leading her into the living room, and we both sit down on the couch, "This is a nice surprise. What's up?"

"Well...I have blankets in the car and I just picked up some sushi, and now I'm picking up my favorite girl."

"So, you were just stopping by before you got Roxy?"

Tori gives me a pointed look and I flash her a sweet smile, "My favorite human girl. I was thinking maybe we could go to that cliff we found and just hang out."

"Okay. Let me go get some shoes and my camera."

******

I interlock my fingers with Tori's as I stare out of the window with a content smile on my face. The last time I've been out to this cliff was the day that Tori and I found it, and I'm surprised she still remembers where it is. My first real girlfriend had just dumped me and I thought that my whole world was ending, so Tori picked me up and we drove.

All over the city, we drove until we got lost. When we went down this side road to turn around it lead us to the cliff and the moment I stepped out of the car the view I saw made me realize how stupid and dramatic I was being. It reminded me just how miniscule my problems are compared to everything around me. It didn't make it hurt any less, but it made it easier because no matter what the world will keep going whether you want it to or not. I realized if my world kept going that I would find something as beautiful in my life as what I was looking at, and I knew I could tough it out until then.

Pulling up to the cliff this time around, I've found that beautiful thing. It's crazy because she's been here this whole time, making my world more beautiful in every aspect possible.

"Lyn." I turn around to see that Tori already has the blanket laid down and she's offering me some sushi with a small smile on her lips. I grab the container from her and we sit down, enjoying the view and our food. When we're finished Tori wraps her arms around me and rests her head my shoulder.