Chapter 43

Lynnon's POV

I know how important our friendship is to her, so I randomly decided to stop by Jasmine's place to hang out with her since I haven't seen her that much lately. I've been back home from Virginia Beach for almost three weeks now, but I've been so busy working on this film that I've barely had time to sleep.

I follow Jasmine's boyfriend Kenneth out onto her balcony. Jasmine finally felt that they were serious enough for her to start bringing him around and I can admit they're cute together. Their personalities complement each other. Jasmine could sit and talk your head off if you let her, while Kenneth is very laid back and shy. It's taking him a little time to get comfortable with us, but I like him. I can tell he really cares about her.

We both return to our seats, his next to Jasmine, mine across from the them, and he hands Jasmine her drink.

"Thanks, boo." They share a warm smile with each other before Jasmine's whole face lights up, "You know what would be fun?!"

"What, Jazzy?" I ask as I open my bottle of water.

"A double date!" Jasmine reaches over to squeeze Kenneth's forearm, "Wouldn't it be, Ken?"

"No." Kenneth has the blankest expression on his face and I have to throw my hand over my mouth to stop myself from spitting out my water. I like him even more now.

"I have to agree with Kenny." The whole idea of a double date sounds awful to me. I don't see why we all can't just hang out somewhere. You start putting the word date on things, making it all formal, and then there's these unspoken comparisons that happen. Then you start having conversations like "Well, Kenny did this for Jasmine", and it's too much of a hassle that I don't want to deal with.

"You guys are so funny," Jasmine says in fake cheerful tone.

Kenneth gives Jasmine the side eye, "How so?"

"Because you actually believe you have a say in this. I'm on board which means you're on board, then once Tori is on board, Lynnie will be too."

Now it's my turn to look at Jasmine like she's crazy, "The fuck I will. I don't want to go on no stupid double date. I don't care what Tori says."

"Yeah right," Jasmine says as she sits forward in her chair. "Yo whipped ass doesn't care what Tori says?"

I throw my hands up in the air, "I'm not the only who's whipped in this relationship!"

"Might as well be. You have Tori beat by a long shot," she says, taking a sip of her drink.

"Not true," I argue. Tori is definitely just as whipped as me...she just does a better job at hiding it.

"Uh, yes it is."

"What's so bad about being whipped anyway?" I honestly don't get why Jasmine or Kamari like to throw that in my face like it's bad. They make it seem like I don't have a backbone when that's not the case. I just like to do things that'll make Tori happy and I don't see the problem with that.

"I don't know. You tell me," Jasmine says as she quirks her freshly plucked eyebrows at me.

"I don't like you," I say as I glare at her and cross my arms. "I'm not doing it."