Chapter 27

Tori's POV

It's been almost a week since Lynnon basically shut me out and I honestly don't know what to make of our relationship anymore. I mean, sure the next day we talked and she apologized for the taking a bullet comment and how she acted at the club, but we still didn't really address the talk we had outside of her apartment. I still get the feeling that she's being closed off with me, scratch that, there's no doubt that she's still being closed off with me and it's really starting to take its toll on me. It's not like us to not talk about things. We tried that once before and we ended up spending a whole month without speaking to each other, and I refuse to go through that again.

"T, you wanna listen to the song or what?" Donald's voice brings me back to reality and I give him a wide grin in response.

Thankfully work as kept me pretty busy this week with a couple of appearances and Donald and I finished writing on our song together which I'm about to hear all put together for the time right now. He presses play and I lean back in my chair as the airy music fills my ears.

I don't wanna be the last man standing
I don't wanna be the lonely one
Picking petals when the party's over
No, it's not any fun

I start to lip sync to the song, guiltily waving my singer's finger in the air.

Cause I'm fragile
And you know this

So, hold me
Wrap me in love, fill up my cup
Empty and only your love can fill up my cup
Cause, I'm hollow
Yeah, I'm hollow, oh oh oh
Cause, I'm hollow
Yeah, I'm hollow, oh oh oh

The two of us end up listening to the song two more times after, jamming out and I'm just so proud of. It turned out exactly how I envisioned it would.

I see my phone flash on the table in front of me and I pick it up to see that Hendrix just text me.

Henny 🍾🐔: Noodle head don't forget we're all meeting up for lunch in an hour

T: Like this isn't the hundredth time that you've reminded me 🙄

Henny 🍾🐔: Yeah so your curly headed ass better be there!

T: Language

Henny 🍾🐔: Victoria I am a grown man 😤

T: Shut up 😂 I'll see you in an hour

I chuckle to myself as I lock my phone and when I look up, Donald is staring at me with a small grin on his lips.

"That Lynnon?"

"No, just my bro, Hendrix," I say trying to sound cool, but even I know that was lame.

Donald laughs lightly as he walks over to me, "I didn't know you had another brother."

"I don't...well, he's not my blood brother, but he's family. I've known him my whole life. He's Lynnon's older brother actually."

He nods his head and he continues to stare at me with this little half smile on his face. "Lynnon...how are you two?"

I look at him for a few moments because I don't think it's really appropriate for us to talk about my relationship, so I lie, "We're good...we're fine."

He nods his head again, but I can tell by the way he's looking so intently in my eyes that he doesn't believe me.

"Thank you," I say, breaking my eyes away from his. "I really appreciate you writing this song with me. It turned out great, it's amazing."