Chapter 32

Lynnon's POV

After the night I spent with Tori taking care of her I couldn't take my mind off of getting back to the intimate part of our relationship. The part where I can kiss her again. The part where I can go to sleep next to her and feel her arms tightly squeeze around me randomly in the middle of the night just to make sure I'm still there, something she started doing after I came home from the hospital...Something I definitely took for granted back then.

There's actually a lot of things that I took for granted back then, but Tori and my relationship with her was definitely the main thing. It wasn't until I finally started to get better and got in the habit of not thinking in such a self-deprecating way did I start to fully realize and understand just how unfair I was to her. I mean, yeah I noticed it a bit at the time and that influenced a number of the decisions I made, but looking back on everything I put her through, I don't know how she put up with me for as long as she did.

Tori has every right to feel the way she does towards me and getting back together. I know how I treated her the last few months of our relationship really hurt her, and then just leaving her so suddenly without any explanation caused her to look at me differently.

There's times when we're together where I catch her in the corner of my eyes just studying me, but it's not in the loving way that she used to. I can tell that she's trying to figure out or come to terms with something regarding me, and I don't know what to make of it.

So, now I'm trying to build up the nerve to call her and ask her out on a date. We haven't been able to spend as much time together alone as I would like and I hope doing that a bit more will ease whatever worries that she has. I know when she said that she wanted to take things slow that it would take a lot of work and patience on my part to get her back and I'm more than willing to do all that she asks me to do, but I think it's time I take some initiative.

I dial Tori's number and I bring the phone up to my ear as I'm mindlessly walking around my living room in circles. She seems to be taking her sweet time with answering the phone and the longer I wait the more nervous I become. The only outcome I can imagine is Tori shutting me down because she thinks it's too soon to go on a date. I honestly don't know where her head is at with all of this.

"Hello."

I halt my steps when I finally hear her voice and a wide grin spreads across my face, "Hey, Tor."

"Hi, Lyn! What's up?"

My wide grin quickly turns into a face-eating smile because she actually sounds excited to hear from me. I hope that's a good sign.

"I, um...I was just–

Tori's adorable giggle flows through the phone, "Why do you sound so nervous?"

"Uh...it's probably because I'm calling to ask you out on a date." I chuckle nervously as I trace the diamond patterns on my rug with my toes.

"A date?"

I can tell by the high pitch in her voice that she wasn't expecting that and that doesn't help the steady rise in my heart rate. "Yeah...I just–I was thinking about it and I realized that we never went on a first date, so I was hoping I could take you out on one today?"

"Today?" There's that surprise in her voice again.

"Yes? Unless you're busy then–"

"No, no I'm not busy. Um...what time were you thinking today?"

"Wait, so...today is cool with you, because if this is too short of a notice we can do this another day," I say, walking around my coffee table.

"Lynnon," Tori giggles and I'm sure she's shaking her head at me, "today is fine. What time do I need to be ready?"