~Chapter Three~

I wake up coughing. Ugh, I'm sick. I hear a knock on my door. "Come in," I say, my voice barely audible. I see the familiar brunette walk in then sit next to me. "Hey, Are you feeling okay? You look a little sick," he says worriedly. I start coughing again. He puts his hand against my forehead and quickly pulls it back. "Damn, Max. You are burning up. You need to stay home today."
"No. I'm not."
"You are sick. You are staying here."
"No. I'm perfectly fine."
    As soon as I say that I start coughing again. "Dammit," I mutter. "I'll stay here to look after you," he says. "No, you can't. Barney will be super pissed if two people are out today." "Do you think I care?"

   Ross gave me some medicine and my cough has stopped for a little bit. I walk into the kitchen and see Ross cooking. I take a picture and post it to instagram with the caption 'I'm sick today and this dork is taking care of me'. A few minutes later I get a phone call from my mom.
   "Hey mom! How are you?" I don't talk to my mom often. "Max. Who was that boy in the picture you posted?" she doesn't even say hello. "That's Ross, mom. You know who he is," I say. I know exactly where this conversation us going. "Is he your boyfriend?" she questions. I knew it. I sigh and sit down, "No, mom. He isn't and he never will be." That hurt me to say. "Good. Cause I did not raise a homosexual. You know I hate them," I start to tear up at these words. I hang up on her and try to focus on not crying.
   "Max, are you okay?" he says rushing over to me. He sits next to me and hugs me. I can't handle it. I break down crying for what seems like the millionth time in the past couple of days. Ross continues to hug me as I continue to cry. He sits there holding me. He puts me on his lap and I burry my head in the crook of his neck.
   "Can you tell me what happened?" he says softly. I start shaking. If I explain what happened to him then he'll know I'm gay. If he knows I'm gay then he will probably hate me. The brunette lifts me head up. He wipes my tears away and looks into my eyes. "Max, you can tell me anything. I will never hate you are make fun of you. I promise," he says gently. "M-my mom said she ha-" I stopped. Ross puts his arms around my waist and I take a deep breath. "My mom just called me. She said she hates homosexuals. I'm gay," I mutter. "It's going to be okay. Why were you so scared to tell me?" he asks. "I thought you would hate me if I told you I like guys," I mumble.
   "Max I could never hate you. You are too good of a friend," he whispers. I sigh then set my head on his shoulder. Friend, that's all I'll ever be to him. A few moments later I hear Ross snore ever so slightly. "I love you, Narwhal," I whisper as I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I hope you liked the chapter!

Have any of you guys heard the band We Are The In Crowd? If you haven't you need to listen to their music. It's amazing. If you do listen to their music then you are now my best friend.

Stay Happy Not Crappy!