~Chapter Nine~

"Faggot."  "Bitch."   "Freak." I walk down the school hallway with my head hanging low. Insults continue to get yelled at me. I was that kid that got bullied by everyone. I have never had any friends. The only time people ever talk to me is when they insult me.
   I pull down the sleeves of my jacket in hope to hide the scars that are all over my arms. "Hey, Faggot. What did I tell you about walking near my locker?" He pushes me against the wall and I flinch. I look down at the floor, not daring to make eye contact. He roughly grabs my wrists and I cry out in pain. He gives me a questionable look and starts pulling up the sleeves of my jacket. Oh god. Please don't let this be happening. "Oh, look! The freak cuts! I wonder how he hasn't killed himself yet," Dustin yells. Every person in a ten foot radius of us turns their heads. Now all eyes are on me. I feel tears start falling down my face. I quickly get out of his grip and run. I continue to out of the front doors of the high school and to my spot. When I get to the tree I see Dustin's posse. They start walking towards me. The blonde one has a rag in his hand. I stand transfixed, not knowing what to do. The blonde puts the piece of cloth up to my face and my vision goes blurry then fades to black.

      I sit up with a start. I am tied to a chair in a familiar looking room. I think this is in the back of the boys locker room. Nobody comes back here. I look around and try to call for help. I notice a purple bandana tied around my mouth and my screams are only muffled. I feel something cold touch my temple. "Since you won't kill yourself I guess I'll have to," I hear Dustin say in a dark voice. I try to say something but all you hear is mumbling. "Jack, untie the bandana so we can hear his last words," he hisses. The blonde that drugged me walks up and frees me from the purple cloth. "Why are you doing this?" My voice cracks with every word I say. "You are a loser. No one will ever love you. You don't deserve to live," he whispers in my ear. "Please don't," I whisper. He looks down at me, hatred etched into his expression. "Speak up. Stop being so god damn quiet." "Please don't," I say a little bit louder. This time one of his goons speak up, "We still can't fucking hear you." "Please don't!" I scream this time. "Nothing you say is going to stop us or make us change our minds." "Don't do this. He's not worth it," I hear a strong voice say. It was Tyler. Tyler is a part of Dustin's group, but I have a small crush on him. "Tyler. What are you saying? We hate him remember," Dustin says confused. "I never said I hated him," Tyler's voice says softly. Dustin raises the gun back to my head. "Don't. Do. It," Tyler says through clenched teeth. I've never seen this side of him. He usually stands in the back and doesn't talk. Why is he doing this? He has never payed me any attention. "What are you going to do? Try to stop me," Dustin snickers. Tyler takes a few steps forward. He looks at me for a few seconds then continues his stare of with Dustin. "One more step and he dies," he says, venom seeping through his mouth. The next few actions happen in a blur. Tyler jumps forward and attempts to grab the gun. I hear a 'bang' and a thud. I open my eyes to see Tyler laying on the ground. Blood is pooling out of his mouth. His face growing pale with each passing second. "No! What did you do? You are a monster!" With each word I say my voice becomes even more hoarse.

   I woke up with a jolt. Breathing heavily and tears rolling down my cheek, I realize it was all just a nightmare. It wasn't a nightmare so much as a flashback in form of a dream. I haven't had this nightmare in years.
   I feel a strong pairs of arms wrap around me. A quiet scream escapes my lips. "Hey, ginger. It's just me," I hear my boyfriend whisper. I sigh in relief. "Nightmare?" I nod. "Can you tell me about it? It might help." I look into his eyes. I hate seeing him so worried.
   I start explaining everything to him. Once I finish Ross pulls me into a hug. I start crying as he holds me. "It'll be okay," he whispers sending chills down my spine. I stay quiet.
   He tilts my head so we are eye level. "Max, I love you. I hate seeing you like this. Please stop crying. It's all over. You are safe now." I attach our lips and he kiss back almost instantly. "I love you, Narwhal," I say breaking the kiss. "I love you too, Ginger. Now lay down and get some sleep. It's four in the morning and we have work in four hours," he says standing up.
   "Please stay," I say quietly, my voice cracking. He nods and climbs into bed with me. He kiss my forehead before saying, "Night." With that we fell asleep in each other's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I hope you liked the longer chapter!

Sorry if there are any grammatical errors. I don't feel like checking it.

I may not have a new chapter up in a few days. I have tests coming up next week and a lot of stuff is going on in my life so I may not have time to write any. If you want to know more about what's going on in my life go check out my Book of Randomness (my life). There I talk about my backstory and talk about my everyday life. (That shameless plug tho.)

Stay Happy Not Crappy!