Chapter 4: Confessions

Jade
"Tori....I had an older sister,"i say as I turn and hide my head in her chest,"her boyfriend killed her,"
I can't even look at her but after a few minutes she pulls my head up and makes me look at her, she looks sad but strong.
"Tell me about it,"she says softly and just looking at her helps me form the words to tell her.
"Her name was Jasmine and she was ten years older then me."i can't believe I'm finally saying the words out loud. It feels like I haven't talked about her in years and maybe I haven't it's hard to remember.
"My parents were always distant with me, they hadn't wanted another child. When I was born my sister was starting to do things with out them. She was like my mother more then a sister.
I adored her....she was my hero everything I wanted to be. Whenever our parents would fight she'd come into my room and get me and we'd just leave. She took me bowling, to the movies, to the park, hell sometimes we didn't even go anywhere we just drove around in her car. When I was 11 she started seeing this guy but she still came around at the beginning and made sure I was okay but she started acting different we didn't go out as long as we had and sometimes she didn't answer me for days at a time. My 12th birthday she came and she had a black eye she said it was an accident at her job but I knew she was Lying. I tried to talk to her but she just said I was a little kid and wouldn't understand. Then when it happened again I told her I knew he hit her,"
I have to stop for a moment because I'm sobbing so hard. Tori doesn't say anything just rubs my back and let's me decide when to continue.
"So she stopped coming and I tried to explain to my parents what was going on but they brushed it off tried to tell me she was 22 why would she want to hang around a child. Told me I needed to understand and grow up. I hadn't seen he in almost two months but out of he blue she came over one day to see me and was pretty messed up, told me she was finally going to leave him and come back home. She told me she was sorry for not being around and it would never happen again because she was my big sister and she'd always be there to look after me she asked me to forgive her and of course I did I wasn't mad at her at all just worried. I was so happy that I would finally have her back. We hung out for a few hours just talking and goofing off like we had so many times before."
I let out a low breath before looking at Tori and giving a sad smile.
"She said she had to go get her things from his apartment. She wouldn't let me go even though I begged, she hugged me and told me not to worry she'd be back soon and he wouldn't be there because he had to work, so she'd just pop in and grab what she needed. I waited for three hours before calling her. She didn't answer and the tenth time I called her it went straight to voicemail like someone had turned it off. I called and told my mom and she said I was over reacting and needed to let her sort things out. Luckily she had told my dad what was happening so when I called him he actually understood my fears and called the police. They found her laying on his floor. She'd choked to death on her own blood,"
I start sobbing again and I feel like my chest is going to explode.
"I shouldn't have let her go! I should have called her sooner! I should have just called the cops!"I scream as the tears flow. Tori grabs my face rather forcefully and makes me look at her. I try to pull away but she won't let me.
"Jade West look at me!"she says sternly. I open my eyes and look at her.
"This Was Not Your Fault!" She pulls me into a hug and I cry until nothing else will come out. She runs a hand up and down my back and just lets me lay and calm myself.
I feel weak, and stupid. I've broke down a few times in front of her over beck but nothing like this.
"I'm sorry,"I finally manage to choke out. My voice sounds rough and corse.
"Nothing to be sorry about,"she says kissing the top of my head,"I'm your girlfriend this is part of why I'm here,"
I smile and cuddle into her knowing that even though I look a mess and possibly snotted on her she won't leave me.
"Now I understand why you were so freaked out over Max,"
"We have to help that girl,"I say standing up.
"We will if she needs it,"she says gently,"but honestly after she explained it I'm not so sure her girlfriend is beating on her. We will watch though and help her if she needs it,"
I nod unable to speak yet. I know Max needs help and I won't let anything happen to her I'm not weak anymore I can save her unlike my sister. I still feel raw and broken, I don't want to be alone and with Tori I know I don't have to.
"Can you...I mean do you think your parents will let you stay?"I ask hopeful.
"I'll tell them I'm staying at cats if I have to,"she says grabbing her phone.
"My little rebel,"I say with a smirk as she calls. After she's off the phone I see her text cat probably telling her to cover if her parents call.
"Now Miss grumpy gills let's go have a shower. I think it will make you feel better,"
I nod and follow her upstairs. I have the entire attic to myself. It's pretty nice it has a huge bathroom with a shower and separate bathtub and I have a small living room on the opposite side of where my bed is so it's pretty cool. My dad let me design it the way I wanted and didn't give me a spending limit. I raise a brow as she starts filling the tub up.
"Thought we were going to shower?"I ask as she strips.
"Changed my mind,"she says walking
Over to me. I cross my arms and look at her not sure about what she's doing but I figure it out pretty quickly when she starts pulling my cloths off. I let her even though I feel like a child there's something nice about the way she does it. Once we are both naked she climbs into the water and leans against the back of the tub before motioning for me to follow her. I climb in and she pulls me to lay back against her. I lean my head back on her shoulder and close my eyes enjoying the feel off her as well as the warm water. She starts singing something that takes a moment to register.
"I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, "I'll never let you go"
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound
Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
Even when the music's gone
Gone
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound"
The song fits so perfectly and the sound of her voice makes me feel so much better that when she stops I almost whine.
"Jade,"she says in a whisper.
"Mm," is all I can get out she's running a hand over my stomach softly and it feels amazing. I just wish she'd sing again.
"I love you,"she says strong and confident. This causes me to lean up and look at her.
"What?"I ask knowing I couldn't of heard her right.
"I.....love......you,"she says again with a smirk.
"You've never said that,"I mumbled trying to make sense of it. I'd said it once but we'd both decided that we weren't ready to start saying it even if i knew I loved her more then anything and wanted no one but her she hadn't been comfortable with it so we'd left it alone.
"I love you too,"I say leaning up to kiss her and in that kiss I know I'll never be alone again.