Chapter 8: just wear that

Jade
I wake up to a strange ringing and quickly figure out its Tori's phone. I grab it and see it's her mother calling and that its like the third time and that its also going on 11 which is Tori's curfew. I glance at the sleeping form of my girlfriend and can't bare to wake her up when she looks so peaceful.
"Hello, Mrs. Vega,"I say quietly,"this is Jade,"
"Oh no Tori is fine, we just fell asleep and I was the one the phone woke up," I'm nervous and worried Tori's going to get into trouble but the woman seems okay.
"We have been rehearsing for the showcase,yes ma'am I completely understand that she is suppose to be home and I have to say this was my fault. My parents are home and wanted to have dinner with us and after we came upstairs and started working on showcase music when we must have fallen asleep." Tori may have issues with lying but I do not.
"Oh yes Mrs vega I have noticed she's been a little run down lately too, no ma'am I don't stay up all night texting her," which isn't a lie Tori usually goes to bed around 1130 if she hasn't been out,"oh well if you think it's best she just stays here I won't argue we are both extremely tired and I don't think it would be a good idea for either of us to drive. Oh don't worry Mrs vega I won't tell mr. Vega I know he's a stickler for rules I always thought you were the more mellow one,"
I laugh as I hang up and curl back around Tori until my alarm wake me the next morning. Usually I'm the one sleeping and she's the one pulling me from bed but today she's sound asleep. I take advantage of it since it doesn't haven't often and by often I mean this is the first time since we've been together I've beaten her up that I can recall. I go to the kitchen and make her oatmeal which for some reason she loves and pour her a cup of coffee. It's so funny how we drink it, she loves it black and I love mine loaded with sugar and cream people always think it's the other way around.
I set the tray on the bed and place kisses along her back until she stirs.
"Morning grumpy gills,"she says rolling over to look at me. Then the shock sets in and she reaches for her phone.
"Don't worry sunshine I already talked to your mom and she said everything was okay just don't tell your dad,"I say pulling the tray up to her.
"You made me breakfast too,"she says with a smirk,"well I'm impressed ms west."
"Ya don't get use to it,"I say placing a kiss on her forehead, cause you know morning breath,"I'm gonna shower and start getting ready,"
"Okay good thing I brought my show case cloths last night to show you or I'd be screwed,"she says biting into the toast.
I smile as I head into my bathroom and let the hot water wash over me. It feels good after all the crying I'd done the night before. The strange thing is normally after I cry like that I feel like utter shit but for the first time I feel like a weight has been lifted I feel strangely good. Almost like I can breath better. I'm pulled away from my thoughts when Tori jumps in. She lets out a whine before adjusting the water temperature.
"I swear your going to burn your skin off one day,"she mumbles as we start working around each other to get clean. We have no time for fun in the shower with the showcase which sucks because I always sing better after I've played with Tori but we can't have everything we want.
I decided on dark blue leggings, a black short(almost short enough to get me sent home) skirt that's somewhat like a tutu. I wear a dark blue tank top with a black corset over it and completely the outfit with my black combat boots. I've got my hair almost dry by the time Tori finally settles on an outfit. She's wearing pink skinny jeans that hug her in all the right places, I get a bit jealous knowing there's will see her ass in them, she has a white teeshirt with lips on it that her bright pink also, she of course wears her black converse. She looks in my large mirror and pouts and I can tell she's about to change again but I pull her into a hug and then towards the door.
"You look great let's go,"I say not letting go until we are safely settled in the car. We managed to avoids my step monster and father which I am extremely thankful. 
"I'm nervous,"she says softly.
"What you never get nervous,"I say laughing. We have both been doing this for a long time and I've stopped getting that fluttering feeling I use to.
"Ya but this song I picked,"she says looking at me nervously.
"I can't help you with that since you won't tell me what it is,"I say pulling into my usual parking spot.
We head in and I see Max leaning against my locker, her head snapping up as we approach, she has a huge smile on her face and I look at Tori to see she's now wearing one too.
"Morning Jade! Morning Tori!" She says excitedly. She never seems this happy and I'm slightly worried.
"So Tyler is coming and she said we can all go out to dinner after,"Max says slightly bouncing.
"That's awesome!"Tori says and I nod slowly I'm glad I finally get to sit down and talk to this girl and see if she is hurting Max but I'm also nervous I might kill her.
"Okay shit there's the bell,"I say as the bell rings,"i gotta go do mic checks and all that,"
They head off to rehearse and I go find Robbie to help with the tech.