Chapter 19- Helping?

Tori
I wave as Jade leaves and I really want to go with her but I know she needs sometime with her mom, but God help that woman if she hurts my grumpy gills. My dad comes downstairs in his uniform and leans down to kiss my head.
"I'll let you know what my buddy says as soon as he calls me,"he says heading out the door. As he leaves mom comes in and sits down across from me.
"Work was a nightmare,"she says and I smile. I need to stop worrying about everything for five minutes and just enjoy a little time to myself.
"How bout we make dinner together?"I ask,"Trina will be home soon we could have her chop a salad,"
This causes my mom to laugh,"the last time we let her chop the salad we had to go to the ER,"
I laugh to as I head to the kitchen,"we can let her load the dishwasher then."
We start cooking and just as I'm finishing the salad Trina walks in.
"Oh I want to help!"she yells and me and mom both scream no at the same time.
She starts to pout so we let her help stir the sauce we are making.after its all finished we sit down and have a nice girls only dinner. I'm able to forget about Max and everything that's bothering me and listen to the latest drama my moms dealing with and the new okay Trina is writing. I feel slightly normal for once and then my phone rings. It's dad so I quickly answer it.
"Hey dad,"I say trying to go ds my worry.
"Hey kiddo my buddy just called me back and there's some things I can't tell you and somethings I can,"he says all business.
"I understand dad I just want to know she's okay,"I say sitting on my bed.
"I ended up going to the house with Kevin,"he says,"I knew you were worried so I wanted look into it quickly,"
"Okay and what'd you find dad?"I ask getting annoyed that he won't just tell me.
"Tori you can't repeat this to anyone,"he says before going on,"she lives with a foster mother who is old enough to be her grandma. Her parents gave her up last year....the reports say that it was because they had three younger daughters and a son and she was causing trouble and they feared for the rest of the children's well being....but Tori I met this little girl and she's the sweetest little thing...she's even nicer then you,"
"Ya I know dad I think I know what the problem is she has a girlfriend,"I say
"Ya I know I have a feeling that's what  he problem was but the woman she lives with is very nice even if she is on the older side. The house while in a not so great neighborhood is beautiful inside. Max said she misses her family but loves it there, she has a room to herself and her foster- grandma as she calls her is sweet and cooks for her. We couldn't see any signs of abuse though and Your friend wasn't putting forth any information about it. We talked to the other foster child in the home and he was fine as well he was even wearing a tank top and he didn't have any visible signs of abuse. "
"It has to be her girlfriend then,"I mumble
"What was that?"my dad asks.
"Oh umm thank you for looking into it dad,"I say quickly
"Your welcome baby and I will keep an eye on her," he says before hanging up.
I let out a sigh and wonder if I should text Jade and let or know or wait.
I finally decide to text her since I know she'd be upset if I didn't let her know.

Me- dad went and checked on max
Jade- what happened
Me- everything is fine they said the house was amazing and the lady taking care of her is nice.
Jade- then it has to be Tyler
Me- not so sure...she has a foster brother to she didn't tell us.
Jade- ya she keeps a lot of stuff from us maybe we should try hanging out with her more
Me- well dad did tell me a little about her family.
Jade- and?
Me- she has four younger siblings 3 sisters and a brother. Her family sent her away because she was a bad influence on her younger siblings...I'm thinking they found out about Tyler and didn't like it.
Jade- agreed that's gotta be what it is...we need to talk to her more about it.
Me- ya we should and try and help her....how is it going with your mom?
Jade- just got home she ran to the bathroom and then I guess we are gonna talk...so far it has been pretty good gtg she's back love you babe
Me- love you too

I walk back downstairs and find my mom and Trina watching some stupid reality show and figure I don't have anything better to do, so I flop down and out my feet on the coffee table.
Trina makes popcorn at some point and we all sit around laughing at dude where's my pants until I finally head up stairs for a shower. I turn some music on my phone and climb in, I swear I shower more then anything else but I can't help it I love the feel of the water on my tan skin, it makes me feel so much better.
I can't help but laugh and sing along as a song that reminds me of Jade comes on.

Girl All the Bad Guys Want
Bowling For Soup
Buy for $1.29
SubscribeStart Free Radio
Subscribe to Google Play Music and listen to this song and millions of other songs. First month free.
Lyrics
8 o'clock, Monday night and I'm waitin'
To finally talk to a girl a little cooler than me.
Her name is Nona, she's a rocker with a nose ring,
She wears a two way, but I'm not quite sure what that means.

And when she walks,
All the wind blows and the angels sing.
But she doesn't notice me!

'Cause she is watchin' wrestling
Creamin' over tough guys
Listenin' to rap metal
Turntables in her eyes

It's like a bad movie
She is lookin' through me
If you were me, then you'd be
Screamin' "Someone shoot me!"
As I fail miserably,
Tryin' to get the girl all the bad guys want.
She's the girl all the bad guys want!

She likes the godsmack and I like agent orange
Her CD changer's full of singers that are mad at their dad
She says she'd like to score some reefer and a forty
She'll never know that I'm the best that she'll never have

And when she walks,
All the wind blows and the angels sing.
She'll never notice me!

'Cause she is watchin' wrestling
Creamin' over tough guys
Listenin' to rap metal
Turntables in her eyes

She likes 'em with a mustache
Racetrack season pass
Drivin' in a Trans-Am
Does a mullet make a man?

It's like a bad movie
She is lookin' through me
If you were me, then you'd be
Screamin' "Someone shoot me!"
As I fail miserably,
Tryin' to get the girl all the bad guys want.
She's the girl all the bad guys want!

There she goes again
With fishnets on, and dreadlocks in her hair
She broke my heart, I want to be sedated
All I wanted was to see her naked!

Now I am watchin' wrestling
Tryin' to be a tough guy
Listenin' to rap metal
Turntables in my eyes
I can't grow a mustache
And I ain't got no season pass
All I got's a moped, moped, moped

It's like a bad movie
She is lookin' through me
If you were me, then you'd be
Screamin' "Someone shoot me!"
As I fail miserably,
Tryin' to get the girl all the bad guys want.

'Cause she's the girl all the bad guys want!
'Cause she's the girl all the bad guys want! (There she goes again)

When the song goes off all I can think about it Jade...her lips, the feel of her skin in mine. The cute little sounds she tries to hold in when I'm touching her. The waters running down my back as I feel my body start to grow warm and before I know it my hand moves done my stomach to touch a part of me that usually only Jade touches. The next thing I know I'm moving my fingers in a way that usually sets Jade off. The explosion hits me hard and I knock into the side of the tub, the next thing I know mom and Trina are barging through the door to see if I'm okay.
"I'm fine!"I say behind the shower curtain,"I just slipped,"
"Okay honey be more careful"mom says before leaving.
"You better not have spilled anything of mine,"Trina says before closing the door. I quickly pick up the bottles and shit the water off as I'm wrapping in my towel I can't help but think to myself
"Maybe Tori Vega isn't the sweet innocent girl everyone thinks she is,"