Chapter 15: i think i know you

Tori
I can't stand that jades hurting and when I reach to touch her she screams at me I step back slightly. I'm not sure how to deal with this we haven't really fought since we've been together. Okay fight yes real stuff like this no...
I let her tell and rant I try to defend myself but I know I should have been there and I don't need her telling me, I feel terrible on my own but she really needs to get it out. I feel my eyes start to fill but I refuse to cry this isn't about my feelings its about jades. I tell her I'm going home but as my hand touches the front door I'm hesitant. I walk into the kitchen and find the note her parents left, I'm not saying I thought she had made it up I was just unsure how things could have gotten fixed so fast. I go out to the car and get my backpack and sit on the couch to do homework. I hear Jades muffled screams and crys and it takes every last ounce of will power I have not to run up and pull her to me but she made it clear she does not want me around and i respect her wishes....well I respect the fact she doesn't want me close to her but there's no way in hell im leaving her alone when she's like this. I get all my work down and lay back on the couch to read, worried that if I turn the tv on she will here it and banish me from the house. When she comes down the steps I note she's been crying for over two hours and I almost get up and go to her but she stomps back upstairs rather quickly. I walk to the bottom of the stairs and hear her singing her voice is raw from the crying but she still sounds amazing, it's the pain in the words it makes it sound so pure.

"When I was younger I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind.
He broke his own heart and I watched
As he tried to reassemble it."
I can imagine jades dad after her sisters death, i wonder if that's what she is signing about to.

"And my momma swore
That she would never let herself forget.
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it does not exist."
This must make Jade think of the divorce and what her mom must have felt about her father cheating. She's sad her moms never stayed with anyone longer then a few months since.

"But darling,
You are the only exception.
You are the only exception."
I know Jade loves me and this makes my heart ache. I'm standing at the doorway to her room now and didn't even notice id started walking toward her.

"Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul
That love never lasts.
And we've got to find other ways to make it alone.
Or keep a straight face.
And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance.
And up until now I have sworn to myself
That I'm content with loneliness."
I frown slightly thinking of her smile and laugh. She won't ever be alone again I'll make sure of that. I won't let her push me away not now and not ever I love her to much.

"Because none of it was ever worth the risk.
Well you are the only exception.
You are the only exception.
I've got a tight grip on reality,
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here.
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up.
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream."
Oh I'm going to leave you with proof I think to myself as I take a step into the bathroom. My eyes have filled with tears and i have non idea how I'm being so quiet but I keep my breathing even and listen to the end of her song.

"You are the only exception.
You are the only exception.
And I'm on my way to believing.
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing."
I smile she's on her way to believing so I will just have to work harder to make her believe completely.

"Tori I fucking love you and you've changed me," I hear her mumble as she turned the water off.She pulls the shower curtain open and I'm left staring at her with tears running down my face. I see she's been crying to which I figured as much since I could hear it in her words but it was still odd and beautiful sight.

"I'm dangerous, I'm warning you
But you're not afraid of me
And I can't convince you
And I don't have to
I think you know me" she says and I nod unable to speak yet as I pull her into a hug, not caring that she's wet and naked I just need her touching me and j can tell she needs it too. I'm so glad I didn't leave, who knows what would have happened if I'd left her alone to deal with all this.

"And the longer that i stay, the ice is melting
And the pain it feels okay, it feels okay.You push me back
I'll push you back"
I say once I find my voice.

"Because I am not going anywhere babe,"I say kissing her and in that kiss i push all my feelings for her, every reason I love her, every word I can't say but feel and I know she can feel it and ever so slowly I feel all her worry about me leaving her melt away. She knows I want her and no one else and I think she's finally seeing that I won't leave her like everyone else has. I'm here to stay and I think she knows it.