Chapter 24:conections

So before I start I messed up Chester's age he's 27 not 24. It's sorta important for the rest of the story to fall into place sorry about that.

Tori
As I'm in the shower letting the hot water rush down over me I cry. I don't know what to do or how to even handle this. I tried getting max help and this happened, what am I suppose to do now. I need to call my father and tell him but Max was so scared and didn't want the cops to know. I slam my fist into the shower with out meaning to but it makes me feel better. I finish getting cleaned up and when I go back out I see Jade still holding Max and I switch places letting her go get warmed up. I ran a handle idle through Max's hair and I'm almost asleep when a phone on the nightstand goes off. I pick it up and see its Max's.
-max I went to Tony's to stay please call me back and tell me what happened...I told you not Leave me room until I was back...what did that bastard do to you max?-
The contact name says Mason so at least we can rule him out as the person who hurt her. Her phone goes off again and it's from Tyler.
-maxy what is going on you call me sobbing breaking up with me when I was in the process of moving to the new apartment...the one we picked out together bear your school...I just don't understand babe if you don't want to move in that's fine we can slow down but please please don't give up on us....I love you max-
I have no idea what to do I know texting Mason back is stupid since I don't know what happened but Tyler needs to know even if max broke up with her...she still loves her and judging by the way max just moaned out her name in her sleep I'm guessing she still cares about her as well.
-Tyler is this Tori. I have max at jades house something has happened can you please come over-
I text her he address and get a reply right away.
- I can be there in ten minutes is she okay???-
-she is safe now-
That's all I can type because i don't know if she is okay. I grab my phone and call my dad I don't know what else to do.
"Dad, it's Tori."I say taking a shaky breath,"my friend max who I had you check on she's pretty beat up and I think she was sexual assaulted,"
"Well I have everything We used I clean her up....I know it gets rid of evidence but she wouldn't go to a hospital dad and I didn't know until after....no don't send anyone yet...she's asleep let me see if I can get her to tell me what's going on first...I'm fine just worried and not really sure what to do...ill text you when she's awake and what's going on...she said no cops though so I don't know...ya dad I understand I'll message you as soon as I know something,"
Jade comes out of the bathroom and slips into shorts and a tank top which is exactly what I'm wearing. Max had been shaking so much we'd out her in long pants and a long sleeve shirt.
"Tyler is on her way,"I say softly.
"That's good,"Jade says sitting beside me,"i feel bad for thinking it was her,"
"Hey you were just going based on what you saw and the way she acted,"I say kissing her cheek softly.
"Ya but if I'd have focused on the others around her I might have seen what was going on,"
"You can't blame yourself Jade, I won't let you not for this!"I say sternly and she gives a small smile.
There's a knock on the door and Jade goes to answer it. Her moms standing at the door.
"I just wanted to check on you all...you brought that girl in and she looked dead on her feet then door comes racing into the house and now there's a girl downstairs useing the bathroom who was looking for you all." She says picking at her finger nails.
"Ya mom everything is fine,"Jade says softly,"our friend max got in a fight with her parents and umm Tyler is her girlfriend,"
"Jade I'm not stupid, not anymore,"she says and looks over to me and to the girl in my arms,"I won't call the police but I expect you to once you've got the whole story...I will help you this one I promise,"
Jade hugs her mom and then the woman goes back downstairs and Tyler comes up.
"MAX,"she screams and Jade has to catch her as she falls to the floor in front of her.
"Shhh,"Jade says putting an arm around her,"she's sleeping, don't wake her she's just fallen asleep let her rest."
"What happened,"Tyler asks softly
"We don't know, she didn't say anything,"I say putting a hand on Tyler's arm.
"It was that bastard!"Tyler says running a hand on Max's face softly,"he'd been beating on her an Mason but she kept saying it was only the one time...my old man use to hit me  I should have known better,"
"Hey this isn't your fault either,"I say,"max kept it from everyone,"
"We thought it was you,"Jade says softly,"I'm sorry,"
"Well you did see me smack her so I understand why you would think that,"Tyler says kissing max softly.
"But it was Chester...I was doing all I could to get her out of that place,"
I look over and see Jade has moved back and looks like she's going to be sick.
"Jade?"I ask slipping out from under max and going to her. She's leaning back against the wall with her hands in her hair,"what's wrong?"
"Chester Wilkins?"Jade asks softly.
"Ya that's Martha's last name and he's her son so I'm assuming that'd be his last name,"
Jade collapses against me and I struggle to lower us both to the floor. Tyler looks over confused and I have no idea what to say I'm just as confused.
"That's him,"she says.
"Ya the man who hurt max,"Tyler says
"Babe what's wrong do you know him?"I ask
"Him Tori...he isn't suppose to be anywhere around here though they said they said he moved after the court hearing,"she says.
It's then as Jade buries her face into my chest and sobs that I realize who this man is.