Chapter one - Eighteen

Rachel's P.O.V

"Happy birthday!" Abby giggled tickling me snapping me out of my depressed state. "Hey what's wrong" she inquired stopping the tickling and placing her small hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing out of the ordinary." Was my overly used reply.

"Rachel you couldn't of done anything." She tried reassuring me for the thousandth time.

"Enough! I could of done something!" I snapped at her, she bowed her head.

"Yes Alpha" muttered getting off the bed.

"I'm sorry Abby wait, was that my, whoa. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I yelled tackling her to the floor tickling her.

"You have an Alpha tone that's so weird!" She deflected me tickling her and I am now lying face down on the floor.

"Hey!" I whined while Abby helped me up.

"What can I say? We happened to learn from the best." She replied running out of the room and downstairs. I went down the hall into my best friend and beta Jaxon's room. He was brushing his teeth, time to test this out.

"Come here." He stopped turned and looked at me.

"Hey happy birthday! And that doesn't work in my I'm your beta remember!" I forgot, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Whatever." I ran into my uncle's room.

"Happy birthday sweetie" he pulled me into a bear hug.

"Thanks. Guess what!" I exclaimed jumping again.

"She got her Alpha tone!" Jax yelled from down the hall.

"I wanted to say that!" I yelled down to him acting like a spoiled three year old.

"Well this calls for a pack meeting doesn't it." He smirked and opened the pack link.

"Pack meeting, be at the pack house by twelve." He commanded everyone. Because I was only twelve after what happened, my father's younger brother, my uncle, took over the pack until my eighteenth birthday.

"Don't forget about our party!" Abby squealed from behind me.

"I don't want to go!" I really don't like parties, especially ones like these. Our eighteenth birthday party is a huge formal dance or a ball as Abby calls it.

"Ray you have to go it will be the first gathering under your leadership, the whole pack is looking forward to it." Abby dragged me downstairs to grab a bite to eat before heading to the meeting.

"Abby do we have any of those microwaveable mini pancakes?" I asked her searching the freezer for them. I sighed in defeat when I couldn't find them and Abby didn't answer me. I closed the door after double checking to find Abby and Grant in a very intense stare off, wait that's not a-

"Mate" Grant said interrupting my thoughts.

"Mate" Abby replied practically jumping into his arms. Grant has decided to stay with us because him and Alpha Trevor have been getting into some arguments lately. Grant is Trevor's son, we haven't seen him since we were sixteen Grant is a year younger than us; Abby had a feeling he was her mate, but wasn't sure till now.

"Really?" I said rather loudly quite shocked.

"What?" Abby asked playing dumb.

"Never mind." I mumbled grabbing a protein bar and heading to the pack gym for a little pre-meeting workout.

The meeting is in fifteen minutes and I just finished my workout. It wasn't much just me a punching bag or two.

"Ray some pack members are arriving early" Abby linked me.