Chapter seventeen - Runaway

Rachel's P.O.V

I haven't had to sit through this in so long. Apologies here and there. Sadness in everyone's eyes. It didn't take long for word to spread to all the humans that their favorite principle was dead.

"Sorry for your loss" one of the teachers, one if my old history teachers Mr. Wilkins said.

I just nodded my head. What was their to say. Oh ya know, its just he was killed by a child. Or better yet, it was a werewolf child son of Ethan whom wants me dead.

"Sorry for your-" one of the secretary's that was always interested in my uncle started to say before I pushed past her running out of the funeral home.

"I can't do it anymore!" I screamed up at the sky once I got outside to the dark cloudy sky. "it isn't fair!" I continued to scream profanities into the night. I fell to me knees. It was the seventh of December, four days after he was murdered.

"Rachel!" Barbie screamed at me. Placing his coat around my shoulders trying to pull me up from my knees. "Calm down." He tried to sooth. I failed my arms breaking his hold, getting up my floor length black dress now covered in salt residue from the recent snow.

"I. Can't. Take. It. Anymore." I seethed.

"Ray please just come inside." Barbie pleaded with me.

"No." I said before running in front of the moving cars into the forest conveniently across the street from the funeral home.

I could feel myself begin to shift but stop.

"Lupa I should still be able to shift!" I yelled at my wolf.

"Alpha baby's grow faster. Instead of six it's five you can no longer shift until five weeks after the baby is born." She sternly scolded me making me even angrier.

Two sets of paws could be heard chasing me. I continued to run not looking behind me. My dress was slowing me down its pencil skirt not letting me run properly. I ripped the bottom part off leaving me in a dress like shirt and my undies. The faster I went the quieter the paws became. I knew I would loose them at the pack border. Next stop, the cliff in my vision.

Ken's P.O.V.

She crossed over the border. I have no way of finding her now. I collapsed at the pack borders edge. My wolf whimpering at the loss of his mate.

"Ken we need to call Abby over see what she knows." Jaxon linked crouching down next to me in wolf form.

"Let's go." I replied lazily getting back up and began walking back.

-

"Yes Abby she left." Jaxon paused. "Oh why did she leave?" Jaxon sat down. You could hear Abby screaming at him to spit it out. "One of Ethan's children killed Johnny and she-" he had to remove the phone from his ear from Abby's loud sobs and shouts of protest.

"Let me see it, jerk" I grabbed the phone from him.

"Hello?" Grant said half furious half trying to seem nice.

"Hey Grant, uh we need Abby to come over here we have a few things to-" I was cut of by Grant saying:

"WHO MADE MY MATE CRY!" he shouted. This time it was my turn to tear the phone from my ear.

"My brother. But if you both come over you can beat him to a pulp for it? what do you say?" I asked. The phone went dead.

"Dude you know Grant is a mated alpha! He'll kill me!" Jax shouted at me.

"Calm down we need him angry it's the only way for them to-"

"JAXON! GET YOUR FUCKIN ASS OUT HERE!" Grant yelled from the back yard.