Chapter five - Full moon

Rachel's P.O.V

I explained the plan to Jax and Barbie and both looked like they were about to rip heads off.

"That's not right! How in the world could he do that it's impossible for wolves to mask there sent to one more alluring and the moon goddess only gives you one mate." Jax was very good at pointing out the obvious.

"That's obvious." Barbie huffed laying down looking at the stars.

"No shit Sherlock. Anyway that's why I think he had help from others. Do you know of any other species besides humans wolves and vampires that could have done this?" Maybe I was the only wolf oblivious to the other species.

"I've only heard myths of them I guess we have to get in contact with the elders." Jax wasn't fuming any longer and was very calm now and looking up at the stars. He and Barbie were mesmerized by them, what? Their just stars. I looked up only to be mesmerized by not the starts but the moon. It's full and very bright. That's when Lupa took control of my body.

"Lupa what's going on?" To be honest I am scared Lupa only takes over when I am angry or frightened and need a little help. "Lupa answer me!" I was going to get an answer out of her.

"Can't talk much, be quiet!" She barked at me. What the hell is going on?

"Keegan awaken" I commanded Jaxon who looked really scared but then went zombie like.

"What the hell is going on?" I yelled to Jax and Barbie thru the link. No response. "Lupa!" I whined trying to gain control back.

"Yes Lupa?" Jax I mean Keegan, I guess Keegan is his wolf, questioned.

"You are to protect this journal with all your power no one except me and Conri understand." Why is Lupa able to control me and why is Barbie looking at me like that?

"And Keegan tell Fiona that my human didn't mean what she said she was just testing her loyalty." Why can't I control my body! Lupa made me scoot over to Barbie. "Soon we will be but for now" I kissed Barbie! I kissed him! What the hell! Lupa let go of her hold on my and I jumped up scared to see his reaction

"What the hell was that?" Jax yelled. "Why did you just kiss Ken? Why did my wolf take over my body?"

"I have no idea I guess it had to do something with the full moon." I didn't dare look up at the moon again.

"But why has this not happened before?" Jax stood up starting to look up.

"Don't." Who? A small warning growl escaped. "No need for alarm I won't hurt you" the mysterious woman announced I took a long breath pretending to sigh but really trying to pick up a sent.

"What are you?" she has no sent! What creature has no sent even humans have a sent they smell like cheap perfume and cheap cologne mixed with a tremendous amount of BO.

"That's not important at the moment but what is that, that journal of yours it was your great great great grandmothers" I remember something with my mom telling me something about her mom's side of the family and that I was very special.

"Grandma Brooke?" I think that's her name.

"Yes great great great grandma Brook" she stepped forward into the moonlight peeking thru the trees.

"Luna Aria?" Barbie finally composed himself.

"Yes Ken. And baby girl I'm sorry we left you but it was for your safety and don't be completely alone with Ethan. And Jaxon congrats on finding your mate your mother is so proud." She turned and walked into the darkness.

"Mom wait!" I shouted running after her but she wasn't there it's like she disappeared out of thin air.

"She is gone Rachel." Barbie came over to me and hugged me from behind. I didn't think I would be like this after seeing my mom again. I have so many questions for her.

"Let's get back its at least midnight." Jax stripped behind me and shifted waiting for us to. I was too upset to care that I ruined my clothes I shifted after Barbie let me go. He followed not before doing the same as Jax.

~le next day~

Jax told Lilly what Lupa told Keegan to tell Fiona. Barbie won't come out of his room and Ethan is nowhere to be found.

"Alpha?" I paused my game I was playing and looked at the little boy standing next to me.

"Yes Vernon?" He smiled his smile was very kid like with one tooth missing.

"Why does that lady with the pink hair get to stay here?" He was very blunt and to the point most children don't like being so forward with the alpha.

"Because she is a nice lady and is going to have a baby soon so I couldn't just let her roam the forest." He nodded I think he might understand he is around six or seven.

"I don't like her she seems bad. Like a bad guy." He ran out of the game room giggling.

"What was that all about?" Uncle John walked in sitting down on the couch besides me.

"He doesn't like Rosalyn. I didn't get why he was laughing on his way out." I turned off the game deciding three hours playing tomb raider was enough.

"That's why I came in here." He sighed and opened his mouth but closed it again as if the words just vanished from his mouth. He looked from me to behind me and gulped he looked as if he had been caught. I followed his gaze and standing in the door is Ethan.

"Hey baby." I got up going to him and pecking his lips. "What's up?" He and my uncle were still in a stare down.

"Oh nothing I just wanted to spend some time with you alone." He whispered seductively in my ear sickening me to my core.

"Okay how bout we head up to my room?" I whispered back walking out of the door.

"Hey be on my floor having some 'alone time' with Ethan" I linked Barbie hoping he wasn't to far away or sleeping.

"I think it's about time we get to know each other" he jumped up and landed on my bed.

"Okay what you wanna know?" I asked sitting on my plush white shag rug.

"Why don't we play twenty questions? How about I start. Uh how old are you?" He asked smirking very evilly I might add.

"I am eighteen it was my birthday the day you and your father attacked us. How old are you?" I asked did he seriously not know how old I was I mean he did attack on my eighteenth birthday party.

"25" he did look it though.

It went on like that and all the questions were definitely a lot more than twenty. I learned that he is 25 favorite color is black big surprise. He has no siblings; he once had a pet wolf named Susie, and tons of other stuff that isn't relevant.

"Tomorrow we have that picnic for all the newly mated couples to become part of the pack." I murmured getting sleepy from not doing anything.

"Sounds fun but I have one more question for you." He paused waiting for me to approve I nodded wanting him to continue. "When do you see yourself dying?" if I was drinking anything I'm pretty sure I would of choked on it.

"What!" I was completely caught off guard by his question.

"You heard me Rachel" he growled lunging for me I quickly dodged his attack.

"Barbie! help!" I linked Barbie hoping he would come and save me. I looked at the door in hopes of seeing anyone burst thru and save me nope. I had only let my guard down for one second when Ethan took his chance to kill me. He hit me straight in the back of the head. "Barbie if you hear this I want you to know that I'm sorry for anything I've done wrong" I whispered thru the link before the darkness welcomed me.