Chapter three - Go with the flow

***** read authors note at bottom!*****

Rachel's P.O.V.

I woke up at eight in the morning! After getting in at what 12:39 in the morning! That's so early but my wolf was eager to get up and get to work.

Harv and Uncle John are supposed to have the overnight shift watching Ethan, today my plan would go into effect.

"Hey Rachie" someone greeted me when I walked into the kitchen.

"Mornin" I waved and grabbed an apple out of the fridge. Then I took a double take. "ABBY! What on earth are you doing here? I thought you were still with Grant? Am I going to be an aunt? Did he hurt you? Did you two get in a fight? Did you kick his a-"

"Whoa calm down. I'm fine, the baby's fine and I just came by because you we're asking about your mate. I knew you found him. Ever since our party." She cut me off I was just getting to the good part. Wait did she say baby. My face went from angry to confused to happy and excited within a few seconds.

"I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT!" I screamed jumping up and down. She hopped off the bar stool she was sitting on and walked over to me. I put my hands on her belly.

"Yes and more importantly when am I going to be an aunt?" She retorted looking me dead in the eyes with the 'I hate you for not telling me' look. I huffed and took my hands off of her belly.

"I was going to tell you but I wasn't sure it was safe." I took a big hunk out of my apple. Big mistake, I stood there looking stupid trying to chew the apple piece. Abby just laughed.

"Why wouldn't it be safe?" She asked once she stopped laughing. I spit out the piece into my hand, gross, and threw it and the rest of my apple in the trash.

"Because..." I began starting to regret throwing out my apple. "You know what? Just follow me." I walked past a way beyond confused Abby leaving her to follow behind and headed to the pack cells.

"Why are we going to ohhh" don't you just love it when you don't have to speak and some people are just smart enough to realize it.

"Morning boys, can we here let Ethan out I think he deserves a nice warm shower and some real food. What have you been feeding him anyway?" I tried being persuasive to Ethan, my uncle and Harv.

"You over did it. Ethan will be suspicious" Lupa snapped at me.

"Oh shut up we need to play dumb." I retorted back looking from Harv's shocked expression to my uncle's bewildered and then to Ethan's grin like he just became king of the world.

"But alpha I don't think that's safe" Harv managed to spit out.

"Harvey how many times to I have to tell you call me Rachel alpha is to formal." I rolled my eyes at him turning to my uncle. "Uncle Johnny can you please let my mate out" that got their jaws to drop. Ethan and Abby were grinning like there was no evil and for two completely different reasons.

Ethan's P.O.V.

She is letting me out! Has she finally accepted me as her 'mate'! This is coming together quite nicely.

"Rachel this rogue is your mate? What didn't you say sooner?" Her uncle finally spoke up after a while of looking like a fish out of water.

"Because I didn't know if he was safe but after our little chat yesterday I realized he means this pack no harm." She smiled like it was the best decision ever. I never actually planed out this far I thought it wasn't going to work. How am I supposed to act around her. Like I do when I am with Rosalyn? I hope she doesn't make me mark her I couldn't put Rosalyn through that. I just hope I can kill her within the next few days and get back to Rosalyn and the pups.