Roomies

Applejack sat in her room and started arranging things on her bedside table: a picture of her little sister Applebloom, her parents, a family photo and a wooden Apple, carved by her brother for her when she was just a toddler. She shoved her feet into some comfy socks and climbed into her bunk bed. Her pyjamas smelled of home, and she felt a little sad, missing it already. Suddenly someone barged into the room, startling Applejack. It was... oh hell no. Rarity. No way.
"Hi!" Rarity chirped, winking at Applejack. Applejack was totally confused. What the!? Rarity dumped a suitcase on the top bunk and swung herself up, still in her pumps. Applejack scowled back at her.
"Why did it have to be you?" She asked. Rarity blinked. Then she giggled.
"What is so darn funny!?" Applejack yelled. Rarity tsked.
"Temper, temper. The past is past. Lighten up!" She said. Applejack looked at Rarity like she was crazy.
"Come on, I don't want to be here, but time passes faster when you're having fun!" She smiled. Then she looked at her suitcase in disgust.
"Why did mother pack one!? I wanted to bring five but she forbade it, since I'm being punished and all!" She flopped back on the bed while Applejack watched her, shaking her head like she was going mental. And she called me a weirdo! Applejack thought, staring at the girl opposite. Rarity sat up again, and climbed off her bunk, rushing to the window.
"OMG! Is that Valentine Sweet?" Rarity squealed. Applejack scrunched up her nose.
"Who in the-"
"It is! She's with us!" Rarity screamed. She was so happy that she threw her arms around Applejack, making her lose her balance and fall back on the bed. For a second they lay there in warm embrace, Applejack still kind of stunned but then Rarity leapt off the bunk bed and raced to the door and Applejack heard two girls squeal like piglets. She lay there, thinking about the hug.