Fusspot

Rarity glared at her tail. It was bushy and red with a white tip.
"Put it on, Rarity so we can start!" Applejack said, rolling her eyes.
"But it's so ugly!" Rarity whined. Lavender looked at her own.
"I like them." She smiled, shaking her behind so it swished. Val took the tail out of Rarity's hand and tied it to her friend.
"We can't play if you don't wear it!" She said, making a bow. Rarity shook her tail and gagged.
"Now you're being over the top!" AJ snapped. Miss Runnymede blew the whistle. The foxes grabbed their spades and started digging. So did the jaguars. Rarity was surprisingly good at digging, her spade scraping at the coins before she threw them to Lav, who threw them into the bucket. Applejack clumsily dug until she snapped her spade. Her teammates looked at her in a panicky way. Applejack sighed.
"Sorry, folks. I'm more used to using a big, heavy shovel!" She said, before digging with her hands. Valentine Sweet and Rarity both gasped.
"Your nails!" Rarity screeched.
"Ruined!" Val cried. AJ carried on digging. They had to beat the jaguars. Time was running out. If one of the teams beat the other, they'd have to walk the plank into the lake, and if neither team won they'd both have to. RING!!! It was too late. The jaguars had won. Coco was part of that team. She was hugging her team mates and making "loser" signs at the foxes. Applejack was heart broken. Coco had changed within a night. Where did the friendly one go?