Swimming In The Lake

"The lake?!" Rarity sobbed, standing on the plank, clutching AJ, who was trying to prize her fingers off her.
"It's not that bad. I'm sure it'll be fine in there.."
"FINE!?" Rarity was screaming now. The water was grey and cold. But it was either this or cleaning the showers for the week. Applejack awkwardly patted her on the back.
"Ok, Rarity. You've got this!" She muttered, before taking Applejack's hand and jumping in. The both landed with a heavy splosh. Val and Lav had long gone, but AJ knew she should stay with Rarity. They both gasped for air, life jackets dripping.
"It's freezing!" Rarity said, teeth chattering. Applejack nodded, but then she started swimming.
"What are you doing, AJ?" Rarity sighed, lips turning blue. AJ grinned.
"Excersize!" She panted, doing front crawl and splashing Rarity. She started showing off. Rarity raised an eyebrow. She started doing a graceful butterfly stroke, speeding past Applejack.
"What the-"
"I took swimming lessons when I was ten."
"That explains why you're so good at it!"
Rarity stopped swimming and faced AJ.
"So, you're used to a shovel?" She asked.
"Uh... yeah. I work on a farm." AJ replied, smiling, "How are you so good with that little spade?!"
Rarity smiled.
"Gardening club from when I was six." She replied. AJ got water in her mouth and sprayed it all at Rarity.
"Hey!" She yelled. Then she grinned slyly. She suddenly flopped backwards into the water. Applejack looked up.
"Rarity?"
No answer. Frantically, AJ dove under and saw a flash of purple hair. She swam for it as fast as she could. She then grabbed Rarity's waist and pulled her up. When they reached the surface, Rarity laughed like crazy. Applejack glared at her.
"T'aint funny!" She yelled. Rarity chuckled still.
"Oh, AJ. Never mess with me!" Rarity smiled. Applejack scowled.
"Ok, ok, I'm sorry! There! Good enough?" Rarity said, pushing hair out of AJ's eyes. Applejack finally nodded. They suddenly realised AJ was still holding her by the waist.